Once more... DAL furlough #'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spongebob said:
Hey hotshot, considering the posts that are out there, you have lots of gall to pick on mine. It is interesting that any pro RJ stuff that may not be taken well by a mainline pilot gets through you. Would it be an issue of partiality???

I have neither disparaged other pilots nor attempted to inflame any issues. It is a FACT that Delta mainline has cut routes and Connection has picked some of these routes up. That is as objective as a observation can be.

As to my opinion (which is what I thought the message board was for) I don't like the current situation. But after reading in so many posts how ALPA is trying to hamper the career of RJ pilots, I can only make a sarcastic quip about the current situation.

I do not blame individual pilots for picking up mainline routes but I do not agree on various issues that some Connection pilots have expressed opinions on(including on this message board) .

So please get off my back and let any fellow pilots who may have some helful info (other than the party line provided by management) respond to my question!

I'll take you on your word for that. No hard feelings. I only ask posters here to abide by the forum rules, that's all.

It is interesting that any pro RJ stuff that may not be taken well by a mainline pilot gets through you. Would it be an issue of partiality???

In case you haven't been around here much lately, I have voiced my opinion very strongly against the RJDC and its actions and caught a lot of heat for it. I support the DALPA furlough and scope grievances.

and trans states has 161 on furlough not 300.

My source was:

http://www.alpa.org/national/furloughinfo/numbers.html

It says Air Wisconsin has 40 and it says Trans States furloughed 481 but has since recalled 11. The page is dated as of March 8.

But as I don't work for these companies, I can't verify its accuracy.... however, in pointing out such things you might have missed the point I was trying to make. Fins said that "No small jet operator has furloughed pilots". I thought it was appropriate that probally over 1000 "small jet" pilots and their families have been put out onto the street.

But if the numbers on the above page are wrong, then I stand corrected.

Latest resources

Back