On your mark, get set - GO JETS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great cornholio said:
You could do a search a find about 1 million pages on why everyone hates G@jets. Cliff notes goes like this.... United came to Trans States Airlines (TSA) last year and said hey we would like you guys to do some 70 seat flyin for us. TSA management didn't want to pay us enough to fly the 70 seaters so the union and TSA could not agree on a pay scale. Around Feb or March 2004 TSA management walked away from the pay rate table. Few months later they decided to start a new company. (To get around the APA scope clause becasue of TSA's American Connection flying) They decided not to staff the new company with TSA pilots (unlike CHQ who has 2 companies but 1 list). The off the street pilots are working for really crappy pay rates. Don't know what they are becasue no one has posted them and none of our memos had them, but I'm sure they were worse than what was given to us in the recent LOA. And G@jets does not pay block or better so thats a mean pay cut even if hourly rate was higher. Now the new guys are mostly all on 1st year pay and without block or better G@jets payroll is really small. Now they can afford to undercut TSA out of all of our United flying. Our contract is up next summer and TSA management will most likely use G@jets to make us give up a lot in our next contract so we can get the flying. It will probably be something like this "hey you guys sign this crappy contract and you can get the 70 seat flying" ...."if you don't want to sign the crappy contract then we will loose all United flying and we will furlough" So thats why everyone hates those guys.

As far as why you can't say it on here...dunno guess the moderators are worried something will get out of control and drag them into court or something. Guess they are just doin the safe CYA thing.
thanks, cornholio. sure took long enough to get an intelligent response...

cforst513 said:
thanks, cornholio. sure took long enough to get an intelligent response...

That's because they are few and far between! And his post wasn't really that intelligent since he stated that

great cornholio said:
TSA management will most likely use G@jets to make us give up a lot in our next contract so we can get the flying. It will probably be something like this "hey you guys sign this crappy contract and you can get the 70 seat flying" ...."if you don't want to sign the crappy contract then we will loose all United flying and we will furlough"...

But also noted that...

great cornholio said:
they decided to start a new company. (To get around the APA scope clause becasue of TSA's American Connection flying)

So tell me how 'the company' can get them ANY 70 SEAT FLYING at Trans Mistakes, when they are PROHIBITED from flying 70 SEATS due to APA SCOPE??

Just an observation.

lukeduke said:
So tell me how 'the company' can get them ANY 70 SEAT FLYING at Trans Mistakes, when they are PROHIBITED from flying 70 SEATS due to APA SCOPE??

Just an observation.

I would by no means consider myself smart, but I figure it would happen the same way that CHQ is doing it where there are 2 certificates/airlines and one pilot list. As far as I know there is nothing in the APA scope that says anything about the TSA pilots not being able to fly aircraft larger than 50 seats it just says that TSA can't have that equipment on their certificate. Although I could be wrong as I have never read the APA scope clause with my own eyes.

great cornholio said:
I would by no means consider myself smart, but I figure it would happen the same way that CHQ is doing it where there are 2 certificates/airlines and one pilot list. As far as I know there is nothing in the APA scope that says anything about the TSA pilots not being able to fly aircraft larger than 50 seats it just says that TSA can't have that equipment on their certificate. Although I could be wrong as I have never read the APA scope clause with my own eyes.

CHQ is paying AA $36,000 a day for their violation, even with the REP Cert.

KingKong2 said:
CHQ is paying AA $36,000 a day for their violation, even with the REP Cert.

That's only because there are still E170s on Chautauqua's certificate.

The whole point of purchasing Shuttle America was to transfer the E170s from Chautauqua's certificate to stop the daily penalty to AA (because RP had problems getting their OC). Once all the airplanes are on S5's certificate, the AA fine will no longer apply. There is no covenant in the APA's contract that says those planes cannot be flown by pilots on the CHQ master list.

Heh.. I just wanted to type *************************s so that i could see it get editted.. That's pretty funny.. :)

Latest resources

Back