Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gringo

As good as it gets.
Well, the dream is dead- I´m 6 years out of my PPL, and I´m STILL not flying left seat in a 747... there goes my $300k lifestyle...

Just kidding.

Anyway, I was just wondering what kind of extra employment people on this board manage to find, what with all of our messed up schedules and inability to really be able to schedule anything more than a month out.

Where do you go to earn an extra buck and still have them tolerate our unpredictable schedules?

Roofing

I know it's manual labor, but it's good money. Not to mention good exercise.

We have plenty of work for you down here on the gulf coast.

Try your hand at bartending. If your at the right place you can pull in 300 bucks a shift. Plus you can drink for free if your at the right the place.

My friends and I started a small clothing company. www.heading270.com
Pretty much a part time gig for most of us but gives us more of a reason to show up to more airshows each year. Besides we got pretty annoyed at all the lame "remove before flight" stuff you see everywhere now. (posted from a previous thread)

I think Brigade and myself always find these threads, as it's been discussed quite a bit as of lately...

I started a sticker company that's now moved into other areas... It's great, work on it when I want, and I can bring almost everything I need with me on the road. Otherwise, it's really tough to find a company thats willing to work with our schedules...

If you're interesed, my website is below...

Good luck man!

Work @ the finest resort hotel in the WORLD!

I work part-time at The Grove Park Inn Resort and Spa in Asheville, NC while I'm finishing up CFI training. Its no more than 30 hrs a week and it'll be worth holding onto for the flying "off season" around here. The perks aren't too shabby either - free massages, incentives, and free dining (we're talking 4 diamond quisine)! I'm a reservations sales agent, so I still get to wear a headset! It works for me and my wife's happy! Take care...

Anyone on a 7on/7off schedule find any side work. I am just starting the new schedule and am already bored on my days off, might as well try to work.

I was in the Gulf Coast about 3 months ago.

A guy with 5 crewmen and some chainsaws/hand tools could pull in 1k or more a day up to 5 k with a small team.

I was there on a humanitarian (mission/volunteer) trip though.

Lots of work to be done!

Stay at the airport, twist wrenchs, pump fuel, instruction, detail aircraft, most airports are use to a pilot's crazy schedule in regards to these other income jobs. They are very understanding when you get stuck some where else for weather, or take a adhock flight last minute. The increased visability may offer a oppurtunity or two when you least expect it.

Latest resources

Back