• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On the job as an airline pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just came in here to tell no1pilot2000 to ignore the village idiot.

FN FAL is on my ignore list, and all I see on this thread is blocked posts by FN FAL and some responses by Fins UP who is actually trying to give some useful info.

Believe it or not this website used to be, and still might be considered by some as a way to get info about aviation careers. Not unsuccessful ones that cause people like FN FAL to become bitter, angry trolls but the ones where people are willing to share their experiences (good and bad) to help the people behind us make the right decision.

Do yourself a favor - put FN FAL on your ignore list. The threads you read will be shorter, more concise and will make much more sense.

Not everyone on Flightinfo is a dingus like him..... just the loudest ones.

I will say to no1pilot2000 that my job at Atlantic Coast (before Skeen and Moore ran it into the ground) was one of the best experiences that I have ever had. I truly loved flying the airplanes and the crews were awesome, esp in CVG. Sometimes the days do get long especially in the winter with all of the deicing but unless you work at a $h!t operator like Me$a you are getting paid by the minute! Keep working at it. The dream is still alive

What is a typical day(s) like as an airline pilot performing their flying and non flying duties?

Before flight: Wake up, pee, shower/dress, wish hotel had free breakfast, ride shuttle bus to airport in zombie-like state while pretending to be interested in FA/CA's mind-numbing story.
Flight: Figure out if I can hold it, or have to go back to the lav in-flight. Drink tepid, flavorless airline coffee, drink bottled water, wish I brought food with me on the plane. Get to airport, make mad dash for airplane lav/airport lav, look at $7 sandwiches, decide to buy Nutri-Grain bar and banana, squeeze thru boarding pax (who pretend not to see me standing there) to get back into cockpit.
Repeat everything after "Flight", 4 or 5 times a day; 1-4 days at a time.
After flight: Tell CA/FA you enjoyed flying with them, don't say what you really felt. Wait for shuttle bus, ride to employee lot, wonder why I didn't write down what row/aisle I parked in again, drive home, unpack, pet the dog, eat real food, poop.

"What is a typical day(s) like as an airline pilot performing their flying and non flying duties?"

O.K. Son...here's the scoop.

- FLYING...Fly the Jet. Pay attention. Don't kill nobody, most importantly yourself. Say neat Pilot stuff like "Gear Up!" or "Flaps 5." Enjoy your paper or, if so equipped, your inflight movie on your portable DVD player.

- NON-FLYING...Wait endlessly on Hotel vans. Hit the hotel room and convene 4 minutes later in the Lobby. Head to nearest dive joint or convenient Hotel bar to suck down copious amounts of really expensive cheap beer. ( $4.00 Miller Lite anyone?) Try to be witty and get young-new hire-dumbass FA to go play touch pee-pee with you. When that fails, go to your room alone, "release the hounds" manually, and then pass out.

- HOME...Tell everyone how much time off you have, how much money you make ( lie if necessary), and how many super HOT Flight Attendants you have bagged. Get on Flight Info and bash everyone elses airline, start a pissing match about something while snarfin' a brew, and then watch a good T.V. show.

- SUMMARY...It's the best part time job I have ever had. Who else will pay me to do something I enjoy? There are not a lot of positions open for "Professional Masturbaters/Drinkers" so this airline gig fits the bill quite nicely.

Now, in all seriousness, squeak through school, get into some jag off College and drink beer and smack booty for four (five, if you can wrangle it...) years, adopt a bad attitude of wanting something for nothing and hide it in a Sociopathic veneer of "YES, I feel I would be an asset to your airline!" get hired, and VOILA'....YOU TOO WILL BE LIVING THE DREAM.

ykw

Last edited:
A favorite story of mine that pretty much sums it up is about a friend of mine that was a career military guy and got out to get on with the airlines. One day after I knew he was done with training and all, I called him to see how things were going. As luck would have it, I called while he was on a layover. I asked him how he liked the airline thing and he replied "just livin' the dream, sittin' in my hotel room, in my underwear, eating fritos and bean dip."

Gotta luv it!

RV

"What is a typical day(s) like as an airline pilot performing their flying and non flying duties?"

O.K. Son...here's the scoop.

- FLYING...Fly the Jet. Pay attention. Don't kill nobody, most importantly yourself. Say neat Pilot stuff like "Gear Up!" or "Flaps 5." Enjoy your paper or, if so equipped, your inflight movie on your portable DVD player.

- NON-FLYING...Wait endlessly on Hotel vans. Hit the hotel room and convene 4 minutes later in the Lobby. Head to nearest dive joint or convenient Hotel bar to suck down copious amounts of really expensive cheap beer. ( $4.00 Miller Lite anyone?) Try to be witty and get young-new hire-dumbass FA to go play touch pee-pee with you. When that fails, go to your room alone, "release the hounds" manually, and then pass out.

- HOME...Tell everyone how much time off you have, how much money you make ( lie if necessary), and how many super HOT Flight Attendants you have bagged. Get on Flight Info and bash everyone elses airline, start a pissing match about something while snarfin' a brew, and then watch a good T.V. show.

- SUMMARY...It's the best part time job I have ever had. Who else will pay me to do something I enjoy? There are not a lot of positions open for "Professional Masturbaters/Drinkers" so this airline gig fits the bill quite nicely.

Now, in all seriousness, squeak through school, get into some jag off College and drink beer and smack booty for four (five, if you can wrangle it...) years, adopt a bad attitude of wanting something for nothing and hide it in a Sociopathic veneer of "YES, I feel I would be an asset to your airline!" get hired, and VOILA'....YOU TOO WILL BE LIVING THE DREAM.

ykw

That was probably the funniest post in flightinfo history. Good work.....

Before flight: Wake up, pee, shower/dress, wish hotel had free breakfast, ride shuttle bus to airport in zombie-like state while pretending to be interested in FA/CA's mind-numbing story. What makes you think your stories are anymore interesting?
Flight: Figure out if I can hold it, or have to go back to the lav in-flight. Drink tepid, flavorless airline coffee, drink bottled water, wish I brought food with me on the plane. Get to airport, make mad dash for airplane lav/airport lav, look at $7 sandwiches, decide to buy Nutri-Grain bar and banana, squeeze thru boarding pax (who pretend not to see me standing there) to get back into cockpit.
Repeat everything after "Flight", 4 or 5 times a day; 1-4 days at a time.
After flight: Tell CA/FA you enjoyed flying with them, don't say what you really felt. Again, what makes you think the Capt enjoyed working with you?Wait for shuttle bus, ride to employee lot, wonder why I didn't write down what row/aisle I parked in again, drive home, unpack, pet the dog, eat real food, poop.

You're to cool for school dude

Whine Lover, I think there's an opening at the Laugh Factory in LA after Kramer's little meltdown.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back