On-demand pay structures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

woog315

I know it's a shrinking/dying/dead segment of the industry but I'm still curious how most of the remaining companies pay their employees. I'll start! You can put your employer if you want, I'll add mine in if other people start saying who they work for- it will probably be pretty obvious most of the time.

position: turboprop captain - single pilot
base pay: $2500/mo

bonus/mileage pay: we have quarterly bonuses. Anything over 150hours in a quarter we get $50/hr- pretty easy to break during semi-busy times.

per diem: $1.80/hr but only paid if out of domicile more than 24 hours. We usually do brutal late-night out and backs, so we don't get a lot of per diem.

wait pay: nope

days off: FAA mandated mins- 13 days a quarter. Usually done in one 4 day block a month with an extra day thrown in wherever.

other perks: CASS. no reciprocal agreements, but we have had no problems on US airways and a few others so far.

confirmed chased starving goodness

I know it's a shrinking/dying/dead segment of the industry but I'm still curious how most of the remaining companies pay their employees. I'll start! You can put your employer if you want, I'll add mine in if other people start saying who they work for- it will probably be pretty obvious most of the time.

position: turboprop captain - single pilot
base pay: $2500/mo

bonus/mileage pay: we have quarterly bonuses. Anything over 150hours in a quarter we get $50/hr- pretty easy to break during semi-busy times.

per diem: $1.80/hr but only paid if out of domicile more than 24 hours. We usually do brutal late-night out and backs, so we don't get a lot of per diem.

wait pay: nope

days off: FAA mandated mins- 13 days a quarter. Usually done in one 4 day block a month with an extra day thrown in wherever.

other perks: CASS. no reciprocal agreements, but we have had no problems on US airways and a few others so far.

1st year base pay: 2 pilot op
turboprop captain bi-weekly is $1923. fo is $923
captains get str8 miles @$.06/mile
fos have to break $1000 guarantee in a half-month period, @$.14/mile
$25/hr wait
$35 per diem, $25 first & last day out of base

24/6 scheduling, maybe a complete weekend off if your mother dies. But you better request it 12 months in advance.

CASS. a few reciprocal agreements, mainly with Skybus, Big Sky, and Jet America.

Jumpseating is pretty much: drive to airport, walk down to gate, ask gate agent if you can get a seat and she says No. "Well, will you at least spit on my face?" No. "SPIT ON MY FACE!" No. "SPIT ON MY FACE!" No. "Can I walk down and talk to the Captain?" No. Walk to car and drive home.

livin the dream

Latest resources

Back