• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Hey guys,

Just got a call from a buddy of mine who is furloughed from AA, and is currently flying as a Captain on the DC10 for Centurion in MIA, he was just notified that he will be furloughed along with 30 other pilots at the first of the year. He asked if I knew of any contact info for Omni (fax numbers or Chief Pilot email address), I'm here trying to help this guy out. He likes flying the DC10 and that's why he was looking at Omni or any DC10 operator.

If any of you have info for Omni, please post. Is Gemini, World, or Kalitta hiring?

Thanks to you all and Merry Christmas!

B747FR8DAWG said:
Hey guys,

Just got a call from a buddy of mine who is furloughed from AA, and is currently flying as a Captain on the DC10 for Centurion in MIA, he was just notified that he will be furloughed along with 30 other pilots at the first of the year. He asked if I knew of any contact info for Omni (fax numbers or Chief Pilot email address), I'm here trying to help this guy out. He likes flying the DC10 and that's why he was looking at Omni or any DC10 operator.

If any of you have info for Omni, please post. Is Gemini, World, or Kalitta hiring?

Thanks to you all and Merry Christmas!

What about Arrow Air in MIA?

If World pilots go on strike next month, Centurion may become busy. World will be looking to sub-out work out a Dayton, and I know they've used Centurion in the past.

I'll get the low down from my buddy there that's getting furloughed, and will let you know what's up with Centurion

Word on the street is that World will be picking up some -10's and will be hiring 8 pilots early next year. As Disco says, World may be on strike soon, so who knows what may happen. Best of luck to him, it sucks to be furloughed... again...

Centurion just returned a plane and sent another to a heavy check so 3 out of 5 planes operating for the next month or two. Furlough seems temporary but who knows. They should have 5 operating by the February flower push.

Latest resources

Back