Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Red Barron

Not the Pizza Guy!
I have an interveiw next week with Omni Air Int'l in TUL for F/O in the DC-10. Has anyone interviewed with OAI recently? Any info on what to expect. Also there seems to be very little info on the company on the web - can any one direct me to a good web site -can't seem to get into the company's web site at www.omniairinternational.com. Your basic QOL issues is what I'm after, pay, upgrade time, commutability or home basing, time away from home, scheduling, etc. etc. Thanks for any and all info.

TRB

From recent research I have done on Omni...get ready to live on $250 bucks a week during training and 36K your first year! I got more than that in new hire training for a Beech1900 at a regional!

Last I heard groundschool was in LAS for 7 weeks at $1000/month. Can't remember the schedules, but upgrade times were running 4-5 years.

The Red Barron said:
I have an interveiw next week with Omni Air Int'l in TUL for F/O in the DC-10. Has anyone interviewed with OAI recently? Any info on what to expect. Also there seems to be very little info on the company on the web - can any one direct me to a good web site -can't seem to get into the company's web site at www.omniairinternational.com. Your basic QOL issues is what I'm after, pay, upgrade time, commutability or home basing, time away from home, scheduling, etc. etc. Thanks for any and all info.

TRB

Flying the 10 would be interesting - don't have many of those opportunities anymore except Fedex, Gemini and World (and the KC-10 of course). Get ready to fly to Hawaii and Europe (FRA I believe for MAC flying) quite a bit.

The Red Barron said:

TRB

DONT CLICK THAT LINK!

It's a re-direct spam crap that tries to take over your homepage and probably gives multiple spyware viruses!

I made the mistake!

My friend just interviewed last week and was told there is an Aug. 29 DC10 class and a later 757 and DC10 class tba. Apparently they are recieving some additional aircraft and will continue hiring.

Anyone know when the classes are planned later in the fall?

I assume they type you on the 757 to comply with international flying, but does anyone know if they type you on the DC10?

From what he described to me, the flying seems very interesting!

sat74 said:
My friend just interviewed last week and was told there is an Aug. 29 DC10 class and a later 757 and DC10 class tba. Apparently they are recieving some additional aircraft and will continue hiring.

Anyone know when the classes are planned later in the fall?

I assume they type you on the 757 to comply with international flying, but does anyone know if they type you on the DC10?

From what he described to me, the flying seems very interesting!

Just a heads up to everyone about Omni.....I have a few friends that work there. One just recently quit. On the road about 17 days straight....maybe more. You fly maybe 60 hours in that time. That equates to a lot of time sitting in a hotel waiting for the phone to ring. The Vegas-Honolulu run goes senior while the Frankfurt-to the desert goes junior. I remember seeing some Omni jets at some undesirable locations in the middle east.

Upgrade is decent......they used to hired off the street Captains.....that has gone away according to the training manager.

It's a great place for someone who doesn't have any heavy time....if that's what you're looking for....oh and if you're single.....

Good luck....

Just saw an ad from Omni Air for 757 "captains".

bafanguy said:
Just saw an ad from Omni Air for 757 "captains".

That's funny because coming from the training manager just a month or so ago, mentioned that he wasn't really wanting direct hires into the left seat. Of course this came via a buddy of mine, but the tone of the conversation led me to believe that there were past problems with direct hires. Now, my thoughts to this may be he meant no direct hires to the left seat without any Part 121 experience....now that would make sense.

Latest resources

Back