Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthepool

My name is Inigo Montoya
Does anyone have any info on Omni Air? Charter operation out of Tulsa, flying DC-10s and 757s, interested in knowing what the schedule is like, where the bases are, any information at all would be great. Thanx!

Omni can be a great place to work or it can be down right horrible. It all depends on the luck of the draw. Say good bye to your family. You will be gone 18 days most months.

Don't forget to tell them their is no minimum day pay. So go on a 5 day trip to Hawaii, and get paid 11 hours, ugh. That is not helping the industry.
Coastinout

Can someone please list some of the typical schedules or trips that an Omni pilot might get. I understand that a person can be gone for 2 weeks or better, but not all schedules can be that way.

How are the reserve schedules and what sort of call out do you have? Is there a reserve system and an open flyer type schedule like World has? How long would it take someone to get off of reserve and hold a regular line?

For someone who isn't on reserve, what types of schedules could a person have? What goes senior and what goes junior?

Does Omni type all of their pilot or not? How long is training and where is it done? Overall, how is the quality of life at Omni?

A month is based on 18 days payed at 3.3hrs per day. Everyone is basically on reserve so you are bidding for days off. Most of the days off are in one block (10-13days). How many days you are away from home is predicated on where your block of days falls in one month compared to another.

All pilots are typed. Training is about 45 days and is conducted in Miami.

What does your contract say about the first and last day of your trips as far as when you can start and when you need to be finished with your trips? Do you have to be done around mid day on the last day or does it matter as long as you are back at home?

Do you have any/many domestic layovers on your trips? If so, what places are the most common? I have seen a ton of Omni people in Bangor(BGR) lately.

How much hiring are you expecting in the future? Where do most people move on to after working for Omni? Or do most people stay put?

Yeah all pilots are typed, Capt. unrestricted, FO, FO type rating only!!

I hear HUDs and CATIII equipped are coming at Omni.

Latest resources

Back