Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
we have been sitting on teh cargo ramp in LAX waiting for cargo....gotta love charter ;)

The funniest thing yet was when the airport police came by. They asked if we had LAX badges...of course we don't. Then , she asked , "How did you get here". We are standing next to our airplane...it took everything we had not to say something smart a$$.

Wankel

That really sucks...

You shoulda said "oh, well, see that fence over there? Man, you shoulda seen this dude *gesture in general direction of the other guy, but also the airplane*, came over that fence like it wasn't even THERE"

Wankel7 said:
Then , she asked , "How did you get here".

“Luck; preparation meet with opportunity!” Or “I hesitate to articulate for fear that I may deviate from the true course of rectitude.” But the fence one would have worked well too!

One other thought, if you're still waiting and have the time, try....There were these two bicycle mechanics that……

Wankel7 said:
we have been sitting on teh cargo ramp in LAX waiting for cargo....gotta love charter ;)

The funniest thing yet was when the airport police came by. They asked if we had LAX badges...of course we don't. Then , she asked , "How did you get here". We are standing next to our airplane...it took everything we had not to say something smart a$$.

Wankel

I fly for a Part 125 company, we have a 16 hour duty day. We're based in El Paso. I did a trip from Saltillo, MX to Jackson, Mississippi. Cleared customs in Laredo, yet they knew nothing of our freight. So, the captain and I ended up using up our 16 hours waiting to clear customs. We ended up just flying home because we couldn't legally fly to Jackson. I spent 8 hours in Laredo that day. Ameristar had to take the freight to Jackson for us. I definately feel for you. Times like that really suck. Hope you get paid for waiting time.

T-Gates said:
The gods are angry at you....all those trips to Nuevo Laredo are catching up with you. It was either this, or the clap.... I think you made out ok.....

LOL, I think .... it has:(

Dude, the only thing that saved my butt was my Internet card...I burned that thing up and I was pulling 1.2-1.8 mips OO

Convair...ok you win! That is a crazy delay...was that when customs was on the west side of the field? Where did you spend all that time waiting?

Wankel

Wankel7 said:
LOL, I think .... it has:(

Dude, the only thing that saved my butt was my Internet card...I burned that thing up and I was pulling 1.2-1.8 mips OO

Convair...ok you win! That is a crazy delay...was that when customs was on the west side of the field? Where did you spend all that time waiting?

Wankel

No customs was on the east side. We got a ride over to Lacey's and crashed in the pilot lounge. The best part was customs taped the aircraft door shut so no one could enter the plane. So, we had to grab everything we had and take it with us. What a gong show.

Latest resources

Back