Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bladeusa

living the dream..
Ole! AirTran Airways Announces New Service To Cancun, MexicoORLANDO, Fla., Oct 02, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- - Airline Goes South of the Border to Give Sun-Seekers Low Fares - AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced plans to expand its Caribbean services with new flights to Cancun, Mexico, effective February 25, 2009. The expanding low-fare carrier will offer roundtrip nonstop flights between Cancun International Airport and both Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
"Cancun is a premier vacation destination, and we will begin offering flights just in time to drive down fares and accommodate heavy passenger traffic for Winter and Spring Breaks," said Kevin Healy, senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran Airways. "AirTran Airways is committed to providing our customers with high quality service and low fares to the destinations they prefer."
Connections to Cancun will be available from throughout the AirTran Airways network. In addition to the nonstop flights, AirTran Airways will connect 55 destinations to Cancun through Atlanta, including Orlando, Fla.; Columbus, Ohio, and Philadelphia, PA. The airline connects to 7 destinations through Baltimore/Washington, including Boston, Milwaukee, and Burlington.
The following nonstop flights between Cancun and Atlanta will be available beginning February 25*:

Nonstop Service Between Cancun and Atlanta
From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency ---- ---- ------ ------- ------- --------- Atlanta Cancun 41 10:00 a.m. 11:30 a.m. Daily Cancun Atlanta 42 12:15 p.m. 3:50 p.m. DailyThe following nonstop flights between Cancun and Baltimore/Washington will be available beginning March 7*:
Nonstop Service Between Cancun and Baltimore/Washington
From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency ---- ---- ------ ------- ------- --------- Baltimore/ Cancun 84 11:35 a.m. 2:00 p.m. Sat / Sun** Washington Cancun Baltimore/ 85 2:45 p.m. 7:10 p.m. Sat / Sun** Washington

Last edited:
That's good news. Anyone ever stay at La Blanc Spa and Resort? It's one of the nicest places I've ever stayed worldwide. It's a little expensive but worth it. No kids allowed, food is 5 star. All floors come with a butler who packs and unpacks your luggage or what ever else you want him to do. I could go on for hours, this place is incredible.

Possible overnights will be at the Hotel Coral Essex...

The NERDS are back, and they're BAD!!!

We stay at a very nice hotel in CUN, and I would highly suggest that layover, regardless of where you stay. There is a bus service that is very easy throughout the strip that takes you to the hot spots.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The NERDS are back, and they're BAD!!!

We stay at a very nice hotel in CUN, and I would highly suggest that layover, regardless of where you stay. There is a bus service that is very easy throughout the strip that takes you to the hot spots.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We will probably stay (if we over night) at a 30 year old Holiday Inn by the airport. Which will translate to, mo' money for our hotel pimp, I mean broker.

I heard there is 2 carribean cities as well anyone hear when they are suppose to be announced? If they even will be!!

Latest resources

Back