Old Movies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know this isn't a movie but......

I was wondering if anybody remembered the name of a TV show that aired around the early 80's.

It was about a guy who flew a Grumman Goose (I think) in the South Pacific around about the time of WWII. The character had a dog with one glass eye......

Nobody I know can remember this show......let alone knows the name.

JohnDoe said:
It was about a guy who flew a Grumman Goose (I think) in the South Pacific around about the time of WWII.

Tales of the Gold Monkey, starring Stephen Collins (Wil Decker in Star Trek: the Motion Picture). Actually, I think it took place before W.W. II...

Yes, I'm just a fountain of trivia, aren't I? (See what happens is, when you upgrade, they take you in a small room, and they tell you everything!)

Last edited:
Yes!! thats it....

I was beginning to think it was all in my head...nobody ever remembered that show. Thanks.

Great Show

Man, I forgot all about that show...it was great! Of couse I was ten years old when it was on so I might not think so now. Anyway, it was called "Tales of the Gold Monkey" (I can't believe I remember that). Here is a website for it:

www.goldmonkey.com

Flight of the Intruder

Flight of the Intruder,

That movie was another classic. Very powerful ending. Willam Defoe, Brad Johnson, and Danny Glover did a great job in that movie!

Grafton: "Whats your name?"

Cole: "Cole, Virgil Cole."

Grafton: "Well Cole Virgil Cole......"

Classic line.

Some one mentioned Murphy's War. I think that was a Grumman Goose that he fixed up in that movie.

Have a great one,
J.

Dr. Strangelove

("Well boys, I reckon this is it. Noo-clee-ur combat, toe-to-toe with the Rooskies!)

And even though its not b & w, how about Independence Day?

"Welcome to Earth!" (punching downed alien in the face)

OPE.....POE......EOP.....

"Mandrake, get up here and feed me this belt....the Redcoats are coming!"

OK, don't remember the name of the movie and it was color but what the hey.

It was a WWII movie with a P-40 taxiing around the desert being chased by a German tank. Pretty lame concept - don't remember why it couldn't take off. What I do remember was loving the sound everytime they started the engine. It had an inertial starter that spun up sounding like a violin and then the engine started coughing and running. Would like to see that movie again just to hear it again.

Another movie that is weak on plot or lack thereof as it is a quasi-documentary is called "Threshold." This movie follows the Blue Angels in the double ugly (F-4). The flying scenes are worth the price of admission - you can turn the volume of the '70s music down and play whatever music you want instead. To see two wingtips reflecting in a pilots visor is pretty cool.

Guess I ran over with my $.04.

It's not an old movie, but I just rented the movie Dark Blue World from Hollywood video.

Its a movie about Czech spitfire pilots in WWII. It has some good flying scenes, both real and CGI. You get a few brief looks at pretty naked girls (sorry, the pretty boys are not seen naked).

It'll also make you appreciate why the Cold War was worth trouble.

Jim

PS: About half of the movie is in Czech with subtitles. The other half is in English.

Latest resources

Back