• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Old Movies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you've got high speed internet, go to www.archive.org, click movies and then find "Flying with Arthur Godfrey." It's seriously great, Super Connies for forty minutes! And the "Set climb power! Ahhh, I think it's time for a Chesterfield." is great...

DanArchive ORG site

My names Roger Murdock kid...

Dont' forget about Kareem Abdul Jabbar in airplane! I had him on my flight out of Telluride once, in a 1900D no less. His shoulders scraped the ceiling and I don't know how he kept his cowboy hat on...
Sure made the flight more fun quoting great airplane lines for the whole flight.

414Flyer said:
There was also a movie in 1981, called Red Flag. Its takes place at the Red Flag competition at Nellis. It wasnt that tell known, but I have seen it on tv a couple of times

THAT MOVIE IS JUST ABOUT THE MOST IDIOTIC AVIATION MOVIE EVER MADE!! "IRON EAGLE" IS GREAT BY COMPARISON!!!!

Strong message follows.

Jim

PS:

""Piece of Cake" is a six-part British miniseries about a Spitfire squadron during the Battle of France and Battle of Britain that came out in the late '80s or early '90s. "

This is one of the best aviation films ever made. The pilots had human qualities I've not seen in any other aviation movie.

Last edited:
Nuthin to do but watch movies huh, Flychicaga? :cool:

These go waay back, and are difficult to find, but I'm gonna suggest:

"Hell's Angels" (1930)- produced by Howard Hughes, IIRC. The plot may be a little thin, but the aerial combat scenes are AWESOME! Remember that they didn't have any special effects back then, all the flying was really done. A few pilots died in the filming, as well.

"Wings" (1927)- a silent film, but the first movie to win the Best Picture Oscar.

And I'll second "Strategic Air Command," "Dr. Strangelove," and "Tora! Tora! Tora!." (I've got the last one on DVD, if you want to borrow it...)

Don't forget those great--great? :confused:--T.V. shows, Airwolf and Blue Thunder.

Here're a couple of obscure ones from my childhood: anybody remember Spencer's Pilots? How about Project: UFO?

Those Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines (1965)

And since were getting contemporary: Apollo 13 ("Deke, that's flight surgeon horse sh**t")

TV Shows: "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and the cheesy "Call to Glory" but Elizabeth Shue was hot.

There's one TV show from the Early 60's that I vaguely remember (help me out bobbysamd): It was Called "Sky King".

Last edited:
bigr said:
Those Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines (1965)

And since were getting contemporary: Apollo 13 ("Deke, that's flight surgeon horse sh**t")

TV Shows: "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and the cheesy "Call to Glory" but Elizabeth Shue was hot.

There's one TV show from the Early 60's that I vaguely remember (help me out bobbysamd): It was Called "Sky King".

Ahhh yes, Elizabeth Shue..Oh the fantasies I had for her while watching that show.

And those who did not realize my insipid comment applied to just Pearl Harbor movie are not reading posts closely enough.

I'll second Dr. Strangelove!! I LOVE that movie!!

"We could have a DOOMSDAY GAP!!"

AIRPLANE! What a GREAT movie.

"I picked a helluva day to stop sniffing glue."

Did anyone notice that, even though we stayed far from the original category of "old, black-and-white" movies, nobody mentioned that classic testosterone trip, TOP GUN?

Midway

Don't forget MIDWAY circa 1976 with Chuck Heston

"you better shape up before some hotshot jap pilot flames your a$$"

Latest resources

Back