Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OK, who is flying the planes at ASA today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

Geez, just came from the AIR INC jobfair in ATL and I lost count after seeing 35+ pilots from ASA there! Im sure there were many more I didnt see!

Just curious, but what percentage was standing in line for Skywest. Were there alot of F/O's there as well???

ASA, Comair and Colgan had no one in line, I didnt see SKW. It was basically a UPS, FEDEX, and Continental show, with AirTran and Net Jets there also.

Went over and spoke with the ASA recruiters who told me they were hired to "move airplanes." I asked what this meant and was given the explanation that crews were too expensive to reposition airplanes and of course we are only .25 RP credit, so I said this makes no sense, so then they told me that it was because crews would exceed their flight time limit (what?). Then I was told ASA crashed their super tugs and only one works now (what, what?)

I think what was being said is that if we strike, the Company has hired some management pilots to "move airplanes around" and get them back from outstations. After all, why do you need senior, retired, IP's and APD's when Mechanics are taxi qualified?

ASA should be focused on getting qualified FO's because we sure are having enough people quit. I moved up more than 10 numbers on the left side this month (while 6 pilots were downgrading on top of me). But as usual, the focus is on coming up with a plan to impose a draconian contract concession rather than staffing our airline for the more likely scenario that we work out our contract and continue to fly.....

Good luck to everyone that was there - the feedback from the majors was very positive and for once I did not feel like a guy waiting in line for the last helicopter out of Saigon.

Last edited:
Whats the latest number of pilots leaving ASA each month? 40-50 average?

It peaked at a reported 75 in one month, but I think last month it was back down around 40.

You were there, Fins? Wish I would have known. We could have finally met and had this RJDC discussion face-to-face. :)

Last edited:
Are there really that many FO's leaving ASA? I am looking but do not want to make a lateral move; or go back to fisrt year FO pay. Hmmmmmmph.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back