Ok, who has the ACSC 5.0 gouge???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAC_CrewDawg

I should have done this she-ite last year when my buddies had the poop, now I hear it has all changed. I just signed up since I found out I have to have ACSC completed by mid Feb in order to get a DP for my Jun 0-5 board. Any help getting through this worthless, mind-numbing crap as quickly as possible would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.S. I have no aspirations to make O-6 or actually be in charge of anybody other than my aircrew, so any AD goobers that think this crap is somehow useful can spare me the soap box, holier-than-thou spiel!

Sorry...No gouge from me, but I do concur w/ your assesment. However, I am AD, and I am in charge of a lot of non-aircrew. The only result I see from the JPME non-resident course is more crap for me to do after a 12 hour day to take me away from my family. (But hey! if congress thinks it makes you a better officer, it must be good!) Good luck with the course and board.

I did ACSC in 2004. The only way I got through it was because I was in the sand box and had nothing else to do.

I believe in doing the minimum for PME. If the min isn't good enough why would they have it? I watched the videos and read the material on the cd's only. I only answers the questions in the books. Do they even still use books? I never got above a 80 on any test, but I'm done. The war game is fun.

The only thing that makes ACSC worthwhile is watching the non flyers freak out over the material. SOS is all about them and the stupid military letters and other admin BS. ACSC is more about the operators and war fighting.

Have fun and get this stupid booger off your finger as soon as possible.

ACSC Vector

I started 5.0 in February and just finished about six weeks ago. I am a traditional guardsman and did it all on my own time which I understand isn't all that different than how the AD guys do it, I just didn't have the lengthy rotations in the desert during which to knock it out. Not complaining by any stretch of the imagination...

I got plenty of good gouge from allpme.com and much of the same stuff was on pmestudygroup.com. You can get a membership for a few bucks - I think it was $25 for allpme - and was worth every penny many times over.

If anybody needs anything immediately PM me and I can send something via e-mail.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but is this stuff shareable? I haven't enrolled in ACSC, and I have no plans to either. I didn't get it done before I got out and still haven't done it. But, last I heard the AF was agressively going after the PME websites and on the lookout for "collaborators." I had a buddy who went through hell for a year after a cheating accusation during a test. I'm not telling you what to do or what not to do, just trying to pass the info along. Use caution.

I would love to help but I did SOS in '80 and ACSC in '84.

Collaboration

The big crackdown has been on the enlisted side with promotion testing and CDCs. If you look at the two websites I mentioned earlier the theory is that, for a Guard guy like me, there is no seminar option. This is a way to get the benefits of a study group without the actual study group. When I was active duty my neighbor did ACSC by seminar and essentially had an on-base study group that met once a week.

As long as you don't discuss actual test questions there is no breach of academic integrity. All is above board. The home page at allpme.com explains it better than I can here.

Sos

I did all 5 SOS tests correspondence Oct-Dec 2006 in 71 days. It was a big grind. Did some on mandays and studied on UTA's too. Fat good it did me, still a captain.

I did well on the tests. I did the online quizzes and when it showed the right answer I screen captured it and made printouts to study. I read the material which was actually somewhat interesting and useful.

Do those two things and you're golden. It wasn't HARD, just tedious.

Take your time on the tests. Don't hurry and RTFQ. And RTFA too.

allpme.com

AllPME.com Worked for me in 05'. Discouraged but not illegal.

Takes 400 pages of dribble and puts in 35 pages. from there an effective "study group" help to narrow things down.

If the website is no longer as stated just ask around, the info is still out there and readily available.

good luck

I should have done this she-ite last year when my buddies had the poop, now I hear it has all changed. I just signed up since I found out I have to have ACSC completed by mid Feb in order to get a DP for my Jun 0-5 board. Any help getting through this worthless, mind-numbing crap as quickly as possible would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.S. I have no aspirations to make O-6 or actually be in charge of anybody other than my aircrew, so any AD goobers that think this crap is somehow useful can spare me the soap box, holier-than-thou spiel!

Latest resources

Back