• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ok - call me crazy - AA/SWA merger by 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gary has shared with the SWAPA merger and acquistions team that he is looking at various scenarios but will not risk losing the SWA culture. Therefore it is fair to say that this pipe dream is nothing more than than a phat trip of wonderous wit. Fortunately this type of thinking can be succesfully controlled with prescriptive medications.

The entire industry is looking at scenarios, its the business. But AA and SWA is humerous at best. Indeed AA needs an injection of something but sanity speaks that it wont be from Love Field.

Actually I self-admit that my idea is a long-shot, but it is entertaining and actually has some logic to it.

"self-admit"? Being a bit redundant aren't we? I only point this out to show your skewed method of thinking.

Anyway. No. There is no logic to your idea. Zero. Zilch. Notta. Absolutely none.

Last edited:
call me crazy but I see AA/SWA merger in five years. I see AMR's financial situation and market share not signifigantly improving in light of UAL/CAL, NWA/DAL, etc and the desire for a partner. They don't need international, but they need to "make friends" with an domestic opponent (who themselves desire international) and then go back out on the playground and kick everybody's ass.

AA/SWA? Both non-ALPA, both Dallas HQ'ed (allowing for behind the scenes meetings by upper management), both fly 737's, etc. Boeing intensive fleet. Etc.

Only think would be a culture clash, I recall a book about SW stating that their employee hiring, recruitment, etc was almost specifically designed to be the opposite of AA's.

I think both CEO's are going to drive from each's office to Del Friscos steakhouse and make nice....

Yes, I know it is "impossible" but....

Eating all those Whoppers at BK can have profound effects on your thoughts. Have your cholesterol and triglycerides checked please.

Latest resources

Back