• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Oil may plunge below $25 in 2009"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After the screwing we took this past summer >> Fuel can never be cheap enough for me. You can't tell me supply and demand had anything to do with fuel costs. We are not driving 60 percent less than we were 3 months ago.

Amen brother, OPEC says they say 75 bucks a barrel is a good price but when it was almost 150 you did not hear then bitching how they need to do something to get it back to 75. Like i said I have bought into alot off oil but would be more than glad to see me loose money :)

OPEC and Big Oil was warned time and again by world leaders that high-priced crude could lead to economic slowdowns. It happened in the past (1970s) but nobody listened to the warnings this time around as real estate prices and the global economy were roaring along.

IMO, high energy prices were the catalyst that lead to the financial meltdown. Joe Six-pack was paying more than double for his home electric bill, food, other commodity based products while getting hit for more than triple at the gas pump. Something had to give. You need food, you need to keep the lights on, you need to get to work. So the mortgage was the first to go. It was an easy decision for Joe since mortgage brokers conned him into the ajustable mortgage. One month he was paying $1200 for his house, the next $2000, and the few months after than $2900.

The financial meltdown has been blamed on subprime but as usual the media, being as inept as it is, got only one part of the story straight. Had OPEC and Big Oil moderated prices and got out of the way of its own greed, we would be look at $70 barrel oil today.

No sympathy for OPEC and Big Oil. Let them clean up their own mess.

The danger now lies in whether we as a nation follow through with our vision to transition off the black juice. I'm afraid we will lose sight of the big picture yet again and face an energy crisis in less than 10 yrs.

Last edited:
I would think in the US at least the fuel demand is higher now than it was when gas was 4 dollars a gallon. Driving is cheap again and people will drive more now than they did this summer.

When gas drops to $1 a gallon I would love to have a big ass tank to store it in so that when the price gets jacked back up I have cheap gas to use or sell it for a huge profit. Oh well.

I wish we could hedge gas for our cars! I saw $1.40 a gallon the other day!

I'm not so sure I would trust them with prepaid money at this point. Here's what I'd get. 12,000 gallons baby!!

coverphoto3.jpg

Is Obama till going to try and pass the "Windfall Tax" that is supposedly a big part of his economic plan?

Jetflier would now have to agree that JUST THE MENTION of drilling for our own oil scared the market enough to drop the price of iol by $110 in less than 6 months! The natural resources of this country are huge and largely untapped. The SHEEP in society will believe the chicken-little's of the world, but those in power know differently and THEY control the markets!

I just hope we can tap just a little of the oil off the west coast. It would prove to be very stabelizing to the world oil market..IMHO>

Latest resources

Back