• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offline Jumpseating to come back AUG 10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard the same. The TSA and FAA will allow it for a 6 month evaluation period... I have not heard much past that. Hopefully we pass their test...

We know the screeners couldn't...

oops, did I say that out loud???

Any news ?

Well......
Tomorrow is the 10th of August. Anyone heard any new news about the possibility of us getting the offline jumpseats back again? Anyone .... Anyone ? Bueller ?

BlueBusDriver

I asked my Captain about it today and he knew nothing about it. I told him it was supposed to start tomorrow. I don't know if Delta has advertised it much. I think it is great.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Well we were just told by our Jumpseat Committee at Pinnacle that it is going to be a little longer for us until it comes back. I'm not sure if new ID's have to be issued to comply with the new Jumpseat requirements. We still have not gotten any new ID's.

Either way, I'm honestly not going to hold my breathe. It's been about 2 years since we lost jumpseating, so we'll see how fast things progress. We are dealing with a very beaurocratic agency (the FAA) and things don't happen super fast.

I heard the offline jumpseat is for "participating" major airlines in the 6 month test period. Who is "participating" is the question. I know ATA is.

Does anyone happen to know if this would include airline dispatchers? It's an awesome privilege that I hope will include us.

Thanks

I flew yesterday (11 Aug) and NOBODY said word one about offline jumpseaters. It has been rumored to be coming, but its not here yet, at least not officially.

From what I heard ,during the 6 month test period, they are only going to allow 6 airlines in the test. Haven't heard which 6 airlines yet.

Latest resources

Back