Official SWA jumpseat policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flight-crew

How many total offline jumpseaters can Southwest take?

Do most of their B737s have two jumpseats?

*Thanks for the info*

Southwest will fill an airplane up with jumpseaters. They have a great attitude about jumpseaters. Many stations will pre-board you if the flight isn't full. The only catch is you have to call ahead to a special reservation number and list yourself. It does give you a chance to see what the loads are like as well. I use them exclusively for my commute and have yet to get bumped since this new system has been in place.

It was my understanding that they only had unlimited jumpseat agreements with a few select carriers. Well that's good to know that they will take unlimited jumpseaters from any airline.

What is the number to call? Do you list yourself as a standby in the back, or a jumpseater?

Whoa gentlemen-

We will take only 2 offline jumpseaters, unless you work for AWA, ATA and I think one other (anybody remember who?). They are the only ones with unlimited freedom to JS. All aircraft have 2 Jumpseats. We will bend over backwards to help you, but the official policy is 2 offline in the back.

It is good to know that is the "official" policy. I have however seen as many as four jumpseaters on a SWA flight and all were from regionals. Sorry if I mis-spoke.

But you SWA guys are great and believe me there are many who appreciate the fact that you do bend over backwards to help. Thanks!

SWA will ONLY take two "jumpers" unless you work for Horizon, America West, ATA, UPS, Fedex and I think two others that they just voted on. Horizon and AMwest have had unlimited jumpers for sometime and the others have just recently been put on the unlimited list. As V1CUTT said ONLY TWO, and that is all I have ever seen after jumping for more then 10 years on them.

It would be nice if people who don't know what they are talking about would NOT post answers to questions that they don't know the correct answer too!

The number to call to list for the jumpseat is 1-866-FLYSWNR (359-7967). This is the SW non-rev line. I dont know how far in advance you can list and of course it does not guarantee a seat. As I understand it, SWA requests that you call and list in advance but does not require it. I caught a few SWA flights just last week without listing in advance. Just be polite to the agent. Hope it helps.

Twotter76

They did let 3 of us (my company) on too the other day, but just about every other time I have never seen them bend on the two seat rule. It's nice to see them a little flexible sometimes. They have always been very nice to me and I'm glad when we can offer them a ride too.

Latest resources

Back