Officer qualifying test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

I took the advice given to me on this board and talked to the recruiters. I have bought the ARCO books to start studying for the test. I was wondering if anyone knows what percentiles are accepted for admission into a pilot program ( Air Force and AF Reserves). Also, can you give me some pointers on taking the test and studying for it. Thanks.

It has been a while since I took the AFOQT myself, but here's what I remember. The ARCO book should give you some good hints. For instance, your score depends only on the number of questions answered correctly, not the number of questions missed. Therefore, it is to your advantage to keep track of the time for each test and if you still have unanswered questions at the end, spend the last minute randomly filling them all in. At least you'll get a few right. Also, be prepared for the actual tests to be a bit harder than the sample tests in the ARCO book. Especially the electrical mazes. From what I've heard, that's the section that gives people the most trouble. A trick that seemed to work for me was to start at the circle at the top, then trace a path to the right until I reached a box. Let's say I reached the "F" dot of box 4. Then, starting back at the top circle, I'd try to trace a path to the left that ended up at the "S" dot of box 4. If I was unsuccessful, I'd start over at the top circle tracing an alternate path to the right and repeat the process. That seemed to go much quicker than starting at box 1 and eliminating each box one by one. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back