Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
Hi guys, I'm a delivery pilot and would like to reach out and see if some of you want to build some pretty cool time on the cheap. I had guys help me out and I'm trying to help others out and maybe pass on a bit of knowledge I've learned. Company is always nice too. I just delivered a single engine PT-6 fixed gear from New Zealand to Slovakia.
I have a few flights coming up, one as early as this weekend in a Navajo from BIKF Iceland to KFXE Ft. Lauderdale. Next month is Kansas to South America.

I have a current certified life raft capacity of 9, 2 survival suites, and 2 life jackets.
Basically you'd be responsible for your airline ticket and food, hotel room, or I'm pretty laid back and the company would pay for my room and I'd get two queens so no cost to you. Well figure out the hourly cost to you to time build, but something pretty cheap, I'm just looking to make a few extra bucks and I'd rather see some one get real time building experience. I know costs to flight schools are huge, but it's becoming preventative to fly, forget that.
Thanks, please call at 561-703-7208.
All logistics are done, but I will go over everything as I'm used to CRM, you can fly left seat the whole way, or swap legs, bring a wife / girlfriend or buddy if you want.
PS the one and only squawk is the auto pilot is disconnected and placarded "inop" so it real hand flying across the pond. The plane is in pristine condition, it flew from Spain 9 days ago and had been flying full time prior to that.

Hi guys, I'm a delivery pilot and would like to reach out and see if some of you want to build some pretty cool time on the cheap. I had guys help me out and I'm trying to help others out and maybe pass on a bit of knowledge I've learned. Company is always nice too. I just delivered a single engine PT-6 fixed gear from New Zealand to Slovakia.
I have a few flights coming up, one as early as this weekend in a Navajo from BIKF Iceland to KFXE Ft. Lauderdale. Next month is Kansas to South America.

I have a current certified life raft capacity of 9, 2 survival suites, and 2 life jackets.
Basically you'd be responsible for your airline ticket and food, hotel room, or I'm pretty laid back and the company would pay for my room and I'd get two queens so no cost to you. Well figure out the hourly cost to you to time build, but something pretty cheap, I'm just looking to make a few extra bucks and I'd rather see some one get real time building experience. I know costs to flight schools are huge, but it's becoming preventative to fly, forget that.
Thanks, please call at 561-703-7208.
All logistics are done, but I will go over everything as I'm used to CRM, you can fly left seat the whole way, or swap legs, bring a wife / girlfriend or buddy if you want.
PS the one and only squawk is the auto pilot is disconnected and placarded "inop" so it real hand flying across the pond. The plane is in pristine condition, it flew from Spain 9 days ago and had been flying full time prior to that.

Are you kidding me?!? Are you seriously looking to charge low-time pilots to do the work you're getting paid to do? I'm not quite sure folks are quite that desperate anymore. Hope I'm not wrong.

I think you should consider changing your FI pseudonym to "ShamusOnMe"

What about insurance?
What about having only 'required crew' on board during ferrying?
Pesky little details.

Are you kidding me?!? Are you seriously looking to charge low-time pilots to do the work you're getting paid to do? I'm not quite sure folks are quite that desperate anymore. Hope I'm not wrong.

I think you should consider changing your FI pseudonym to "ShamusOnMe"

Is he supposed to foot the bill? Is "the company" supposed to pay for everything? If I were crossing huge expanses of nothingness I'd make the same offer. Not all aviation companies have bottomless pits of cash to draw from.

Good on you Shamus. I hope you can find a taker!

Last edited:
Is he supposed to foot the bill? Is "the company" supposed to pay for everything? If I were crossing huge expanses of nothingness I'd make the same offer. Not all aviation companies have bottomless pits of cash to draw from.

Good on you Shamus. I hope you can find a taker!

No--his COMPANY is footing the bill! (unless I'm missing something here). His company is paying him, and him alone, to do a service. Now he is turning around and CHARGING people to do the very service that he is getting paid to do..alone. Sounds like if his company found out about this little scheme, he'd be fired. It would also be time that you could probably not legally log.

If he just wants to offer guys (with company's blessing) to come along to keep him company and perhaps do some of the flying for no compensation (other than perhaps sharing a hotel room..least he could do, IMHO), fine. It's the CHARGING someone to do the job YOU'RE getting paid to do part that irks me and, I'd assume, many out there. Like I said in my previous post..I doubt he'll find any takers anyway. Prospective professional pilots just aren't as desperate as they once were to build time.

Latest resources

Back