• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offered job at comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
imacdog, It was because of the 145 bases, dumba$$.

Ok. Back to the thread.

I would take whoever offered me a job first.
I probably wouldn't go to Mesa, but it depends how hungry you are.
ASA and Comair are both good companies. I myself was headed for Comair, but CHQ offered me an earlier class date. If this is going to be your 1st 121 job, don't be picky..Get in there and finsh training! Asa is having some labor problems and Comair may have they're problems, this is how the airline world works. They're both pretty good companies!

Best of Luck!

Last edited:
Well that's luck of the draw, isn't it. Don't worry, I'm sure there is something in your contract that allows you to transfer to 170 FO when your seniority can hold it.

The only way to change aircraft or companies at RAH, is to upgrade.

Take the job, then when you get there, be a total dick to everybody.

This way, when it becomes clear to you that you're being screwed, at least you'll be able to look in the mirror and not see an ass-kisser.

The only advice I can give you as a 4+ year comair guy is to wait as long as you can before making a decision. Things are moving quickly now for Comair and it won't be long before you know which way the company is going.
In the event you take the job and get furloughed, furloughed pilots often get preferential hiring with other carriers and at least you have some experience at that point. Besides the risk of losing airframes comair has the most lucrative pilot contract in the industry and even if they have a TA today, you can bet they will still be the highest paid around or close to it.
Go with your instinct because in this industry it's all luck anyway, but wait at least a few days before you determine what that instinct is.

Any thoughts of were might be better?

as a former Cumair fo/ furlough fodder, i would say Sky West, Republic, Horizon, Island Air, Cape Air, Eagle, ExpressJet, AWAC............in no particular order. Not to bust on the Comair pilots but its no fun to work there anymore. no security or movement. Moral blows, its just sucks.

Latest resources

Back