% of Regional Pilots on Food Stamps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRAWDADDY

One would be too many and we all know that things are tough but what percentage of pilots flying RJs are eligible for Food Stamps?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=130424

Originally Posted by Full of LUV
LXA, good sobering reminder of how the best of intentions can go so wrong. It happens in all industries, but the pilot profession seems to attract a much more emotionally attached crowd then the bricklayers union.

Many of us from the military have no real appreciation for the years of toil it takes to get your experience on the civil side and all you hear is how everyone started in a rj with 250 hours.

This 9/11, recession, age 65 stagnation, and transition of mainline flying to regional jobs has done more to put a sobering spin on the 121 pilot profession than any other generation.

Now we just wait for the UAV's to take over!
Luv

Funny you should mention UAVs! When I first read this article I posted it on the Majors section because the author seems to be suggesting from the perspective of a retired pilot that the Southwest model is the one to use post-Deregulation if we want this piloting career to survive into the future.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...=141012&page=2
The moderators moved it to the General Aviation section. However, I think it has more to do with Regional pilots working on food stamps and quitting to work at McDonald's.

____ __Dateline Food Stamp Pilots___ __

_________RJ Pilots on Food Stamps_________

Last edited:
One would be too many and we all know that things are tough but what percentage of pilots flying RJs are eligible for Food Stamps?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=130424

Originally Posted by Full of LUV
LXA, good sobering reminder of how the best of intentions can go so wrong. It happens in all industries, but the pilot profession seems to attract a much more emotionally attached crowd then the bricklayers union.

Many of us from the military have no real appreciation for the years of toil it takes to get your experience on the civil side and all you hear is how everyone started in a rj with 250 hours.

This 9/11, recession, age 65 stagnation, and transition of mainline flying to regional jobs has done more to put a sobering spin on the 121 pilot profession than any other generation.

Now we just wait for the UAV's to take over!
Luv

Funny you should mention UAVs! When I first read this article I posted it on the Majors section because the author seems to be suggesting from the perspective of a retired pilot that the Southwest model is the one to use post-Deregulation if we want this piloting career to survive into the future.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...=141012&page=2
The moderators moved it to the General Aviation section. However, I think it has more to do with Regional pilots working on food stamps and quitting to work at McDonald's.

____ __Dateline Food Stamp Pilots___ __

_
________RJ Pilots on Food Stamps_________
i\\\

Being a Regional pilot is a choice. Grow a garden and avoid food stamps.

Be

i'm just a junior, second year RJ pilot on reserve and with 3 kids.

I don't qualify for food stamps.

<shrug>

I love foodstamps! Actually, in my 'hood' we don't have foodstamps we have the EBT card... "Credit, debit, or ebit??"

Love, Foodstamps

Latest resources

Back