# of flight attendants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

00Dog

The ATP test prep book I have says 1 flight attendant is required for airplanes with a passenger capacity of 10-50. I thought it was one attendant if you had over 19 seats. Has the rule changed recently?

121.391a1 says you need one if you have more than 9 but less than 51 IF the payload capacity is more than 7500 lbs.

121.391a2 says you need one if you have more than 19 but less than 51 IF the payload capacity is 7500 lbs or less.

Thanks. Do you know of any examples of planes with that payload but fewer than 20 seats? Just curious.

I can't think of any. My guess is that, in standard configuration, there AREN'T any, BUT....if you take any aircraft with a payload >=7,500 lbs and remove enough seats, you will need a flight attendant even if you have only 10 seats left. Think of a CRJ with 18 seats - lots of leg room.

You can have combi planes. ATI used to fly DC8's with a small number of paxseats and a lot of cargo. I'm sure payload was over 7500lbs. I'm not sure about the number of seats they had

There's boarding pass 101, seat belt 102, and puke cleaning 103 in the BE1900 cross training course.

Latest resources

Back