• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ode to the Airport Car

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Went into Bedford, IN some last summer. Has to be the worst one I've ever used. It's worse than the old police cruisers(except when they forget to remove the lights). It's a Chevy chevette, must be the last one on the road. The drivers side is all bashed in and it won't hit 40 mph unless you're going downhill. The steering wheel is all sticky and there's not much upholstery left. As bad as it is, it's still better than walking the 5 miles to town.
Gotta love the airport cars.

I had one in GA a couple of years ago, a 1974 Chevy pickup with no windshield, and only one working door. (the other was held on by a rope):)

jetpilotjay said:
Went into Bedford, IN some last summer. Has to be the worst one I've ever used. It's worse than the old police cruisers(except when they forget to remove the lights). It's a Chevy chevette, must be the last one on the road. The drivers side is all bashed in and it won't hit 40 mph unless you're going downhill. The steering wheel is all sticky and there's not much upholstery left. As bad as it is, it's still better than walking the 5 miles to town.
Gotta love the airport cars.

Wholly cr@p... is that thing still there??? :eek:

I coulda sworn it was on its last legs 3 1/2yrs ago when I used it. Unreal.

Nothing against the town, but perhaps the worst hotel I've ever said in too.:rolleyes:

The last time I went in there was Nov. 02', it was still there then. We were going in there about once a week fo that whole summer. I used several times, it was a real junker.

Huntington, IN has the worst one I have seen. It was a late 80's blue minivan. The inside smelled awful. Thank god it was freezing there that way it didn't smell so bad. No heater, or radio, or upholstery. But it did hall a$$. And it has awesome traction with a locked differential. Everytime I turned the corner it peeled out. It did seem to have a spitoon in the floorboard of the shotgun seat, which I think was thoughtful.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back