• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Odd question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/ju...?searchterm=how much does the internet%weigh?

I doubt the weight of the press. air significant enough to even amount to anything even approaching that of a dead rat under the floor.

Here's an even more odd one...... How much does the internet weigh? Not the equipment to transmit stuff, but the weight of all the electrons which collectively make it up.

-Hint-
There really is an answer-it is surprising.

OK-I am a nerd-but this was pretty neat!

Okay you homo, I now feel dirty in a geeky sort of way after having read that whole stupid article. There’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

For everyone else, the same as a grain of sand.

Okay you homo, I now feel dirty in a geeky sort of way after having read that whole stupid article. There’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

For everyone else, the same as a grain of sand.

HA HA!

Incorrect-it is a particular type of grain of sand.... You must read it again! Not all grains are the same size.....

-P.S.- I now have that ten mins that you can never get back! I also have a pic of your Mom's butterfly tatt! Soon I will have your eternal soul.....
I truly am an evil bastard!

I once pondered for hours whether my CD-ROM weighed more when it was full too. We should form a geek club.

Autopilot in the aircraft, reading in flight banned by the company, what’s left to do hour after interminable hour en route other than ponder the imponderables.

I would think there would be some, as in a full tank of gas like LP weighs more than an empty.Thoughts?

As the real Hank Hill (not Kid C) would love to explain, the Lady Propane (C3H8) weighs .00183kg/L in her gaseous state and .5077kg/L in her liquid (LP) state. You would have to compress the crap out air to make it a liquid.

I guess i'm bored to, just not enough to search for "weight of the internet"......Putting that in to the equation, should we figure the moving electrons when calculating the C.G.?[/quote]

Of course that would only apply to the DC circuits...in AC circuits the electrons are not going anywhere, just back and forth.

Sorry, I just could not resist. :)

Latest resources

Back