odd question 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

landlover

say you are flying rubber dog sh!t out of hong king and someone ask you to take their lucky chicken along on your over night in katmandu. So once airborn the chicken starts to flaps its wings and get airborn for a few seconds. during those few seconds that the chicken is airborn does the airplane become lighter?

Only lucky chicken I ever had came in a bucket. You figure it out and I'll keep eating.

<------------

Last edited:
HAHAHA!!!!! Depends on the pressurization of the A/C. The could off-shoot each other.

No.

f=ma for an local system.

a=gravity
m=mass of a/c
f= weight

therefore, unless the MASS of the A/C has changed, which it has not...then the force (weight) has not changed.

Net mass remains the same because lucky chickens thrust to remain airborne must be equal to or greater than its own in order to fly in the cabin.

Plus, I think the mythbusters already tackled this one.

No.

a=gravity
m=mass of a/c
f= weight

therefore, unless the MASS of the A/C has changed, which it has not...then the force (weight) has not changed.

Net mass remains the same because lucky chickens thrust to remain airborne must be equal to or greater than its own in order to fly in the cabin.

My brain hurts!!!!:beer:

No.

a=gravity
m=mass of a/c
f= weight

showoff. i'm with sayagain on this my brain hurts. lets drink beer!

Mythbusters already did it

Mythbusters did a show with a trailer filled with pigeons and the weight was the same whether they were perched or flying.

The weight was only the same, because the aircraft was not on a moving treadmill. The real issue here is: whether or not the aircraft will become airborne quicker, if the chicken starts flying in the cabin?

The weight was only the same, because the aircraft was not on a moving treadmill. The real issue here is: whether or not the aircraft will become airborne quicker, if the chicken starts flying in the cabin?

I think it would become airborne more slowly as a result of the downwash from the chicken's wings pushing on the floor of the airplane.

Latest resources

Back