• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Odd climbto350 postings (Eagan, MN)

A company called "Gear Up" has two new cryptic postings on climbto350.com. One for part-time 121 ground instructors and the other for part-time 121 simulator instructors. The anticipated start date is March 2006, and it wants the sim instructors to have "ATP with rating in aircraft taught" along with 1000 PIC in the same, but does not describe the type of aircraft one would be teaching!

Any WAGs on what this posting is about, and how it relates to Mesaba and/or NWA?

**thread title is wrong, I meant Eagan MINNESOTA, not Michigan***

Last edited:
You didn't hear?

BoilerUP said:
A company called "Gear Up" has two new cryptic postings on climbto350.com. One for part-time 121 ground instructors and the other for part-time 121 simulator instructors. The anticipated start date is March 2006, and it wants the sim instructors to have "ATP with rating in aircraft taught" along with 1000 PIC in the same, but does not describe the type of aircraft one would be teaching!

Any WAGs on what this posting is about, and how it relates to Mesaba and/or NWA?

Word around town is that Chataqua bought up a few stall at the Pan Am training center. Some deal with BB and Steenland. :rolleyes:

Opinions are like bu++holes...

Cya (on the picket line)

CP

As far as sim stalls go there is one open in Eagan. No other bays available unless they take one out.

Your crazy speculation at the almost obvious makes me ashamed to call myself a pilot. It is related to NWA and no one else. It is a group of NWA pilots (I would use their names if the moderators allowed) trying to put a proposal together to outsource instructor jobs at NWA to their company (Gear Up). I will repeat that....a group of NWA pilots trying to take jobs away from their fellow seniority list instructors. But, if you want to take their job as a part time instructor with few (if any benefits) I would apply immediatly. People like you are in high demand. And by part time I mean you will only have income when their is training. Unlike the seniority list pilots who fly when their is no training and actually have a real job. Outsourcing is the name of the game and even pilots are trying to capitalize on the race to the bottom.

From the Gear Up website:
Gear Up can provide high quality service at reduced cost when compared to doing them "in house."

On a side note... Evidence indicates NEWCO's first pilots will be factory trained if that ever happens.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back