• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Octavian to Midwest: Talk to AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Noserider.. Operationally Midex lost money, around 13 million.. Thats a big chunk of money for an airline that size.. And yes, there business model is broken. Thats why they have lost so much money the last 6 years.. Ad it doesn't look like its getting any better...Besides, the "Midex's business plans is broken" was just a jab at Tim Hoeksema for saying the same thing about AAI.. Even though AAI has made money for 7 years in a row..

Looks a few employees at Octavian choose the wrong company/situation to make a quick buck and have nothing to fall back on. Now they want to look like a school teacher at the school yard breaking a spat between two children.

...and this deal would represent a raise to every pilot on the property at MEH, and a quicker upgrade, and that's before the new AAI.quote]

Actually the FO rates are a bit lower. I also realize that the work rules are a big part of compensation and there is a new contract coming out. But am I, as a second year FO, going to stay on that rate or get bumped back down to first? Because that is quite a drop.

One dollar per hour is hardly a big claim. Now if you add in our additional 10.5% (vs. midwest's A/B fund) it sure looks like the Tranny pays better. Not to mention that FO pay improvement is one of the key objectives for this new contract.

Actually the FO rates are a bit lower. I also realize that the work rules are a big part of compensation and there is a new contract coming out. But am I, as a second year FO, going to stay on that rate or get bumped back down to first? Because that is quite a drop.
IF this acquisition happens, you would stay on your equivalent longevity but on the AirTran contract which means you'd keep your 2nd year pay AND get a 10.5% B-fund contribution every pay check which would be an equivalent pay raise, albeit with a $1 per hour cut in actual cash.

That's before the new contract which we probably won't see until year's end anyway at the rate we're going. Most of the F/O's know that they would get stuck for a lot longer as an F/O if the acquisition goes through, so we're looking REALLY hard at the pay rates.

The acquisition has had the opposite affect that management intended for negotiations because of depressed upgrade potential. Combined with the renewed profitability of the airline industry and most of us are pretty pre-wired for a NO vote if the T.A. isn't just absolutely stellar.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back