Occupying the jumpseat to Mexico

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joshrk22 said:
Whoa! You get to log that time? Even if you aren't flying? So if I got a 737 Type rating, jumpseated a 737, I could log that time, even though I never stepped foot into the cockpit? Yah, I hope my plan works out... haven't decided on what type for flying for a career though, military or civilian. I'm thinking about the Air Force Academy, and if that doesn't work out, then probably get a degree in computer science and instruct at a local FBO until I have the time to start flying for an airline. Not really sure what to do after that though, everyone is saying not to go regional, so what are you supposed to do then? Also, does a Ph.D help when getting apply to an airline versus Bachelors? I'm thinking about online classes after my Bachelors to get my Ph.D. I can almost skip my freshman year of college anyways, with the amount of AP credits I'm getting in High School, only need to schedule 1 more AP class. I'm just looking for ways to get involved with aviation more, like jumpseating, working at a FBO, etc. etc.

Classic! Don't get any better.

Besides the best thread ever!!!!!

I'm heading to CUN next week on USAir.

If you have a code-share with them it's really east to get 1st class. Spring breakers only get the cheapest they can find. I'm going out of CLT and there are 18 seats avail. in 1st on the day I'm leaving.

If you can, try to look at airlines that have 1st available. Really shouldn't be a problem. I'm too lazy to look where you are flying from and who you fly for, but if you have any more questions........PM me! Good luck!

PS, you guy's are harsh..............and I love it!

Getting out of MMCU is a whole other story if your arent affileated with that carrier.

PS. keep about 30 smakers on you in pesos to pay the taxes.

I re-read this whole thread.....LOL. OMG I'm the biggest idiot LOL. I seriously wouldve taken in my SPC and asked to jumpseat lolol. I guess I kinda asked for it with my dumb question :D .

Joshrk22 said:
I re-read this whole thread.....LOL. OMG I'm the biggest idiot LOL. I seriously wouldve taken in my SPC and asked to jumpseat lolol. I guess I kinda asked for it with my dumb question :D .

Well, it looks like these boys sent you out for a bucket of propwash AND a coil of flightline. I kinda wanted to step in and give you a clue but it was like watching a train wreck.

Look on the bright side. You have been initiated. Welcome to the club.

FL420 said:
Well, it looks like these boys sent you out for a bucket of propwash AND a coil of flightline. I kinda wanted to step in and give you a clue but it was like watching a train wreck.

Look on the bright side. You have been initiated. Welcome to the club.

Haha, yah.

Joshrk22 said:

Thanks for being a good sport Josh. Best of luck with your flight training and I'm sure you will go far in aviation. No hard feelings ok.....it was all in good fun ok.

Blue Skies

Latest resources

Back