Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjpilot7667

Hello Everyone,

We use a ARI to obtain all of our international permits when required such as overflight and landing. If I wanted to do thaton my own how do I do it? Where do I look? Who do I contact?

Thank you very much in advance!

RJ

We do it ourselves for some countries. Some you cant do, like Myanmar but mostly its easy. Use the numbers in Acukwik guide in the back section, use the standard format of info you normally give to your handler, and include a pdf with all your aircraft docs and AOC etc in it. Most are done by fax, some are by email. Just fax it away, I only do a new country when we have 2-3 weeks lead time, in case it doesnt work and I have to go to a company to get them for us, Flightworx in the UK is good if you are in a bind for overflight and landing clearances.

I just did one for Oman overflight, got it back same day, but the fax number on the Acukwik wasnt the most direct, I found a direct fax to the man who issues the clearances from google, just using Muscat over flight

I have done it in the past, but it is not worth the effort. Use the data in the front of your international Jeppesens. It will give you the contact information for the national aviation authorities. It is a big hassle as some of these authorities want their money upfront and don't take American Express or any other credit cards. Not that you would want to give them your credit card number anyway. International handlers have personal long term relationships with these authorities and also have open accounts with them. Plus they can tell you the do's and don't's of each particular airspace.

Europe is not a problem. They just send you a bill. Central and South America, pretty much expect you to have a handler or a big bag of cash. As for the rest of the world, I don't waste my time, I just call my handling agent and let them set it up. I already have too much on my plate. Overflight and landing permits are two areas that you don't want issues with.

Anyone know how to obtain a one time over-flight permit for the US for short trips; like leaving Bahamas and by-passing the FL customs stop and clearing inland? I'm sure I could look it up, just want to get pointed in the right direction.

Anyone know how to obtain a one time over-flight permit for the US for short trips; like leaving Bahamas and by-passing the FL customs stop and clearing inland? I'm sure I could look it up, just want to get pointed in the right direction.

Fill out CBP Form 442 and submit it to your local customs office. You can get the form off their website.

Latest resources

Back