observation on security and industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

I cant beleive this week..US, AMR, and probably UA all in deep trouble laying off more of us. Obviously I can beleive it...still it doesnt seem true. When are things going to get better. I truly beleive the reason people (mainly business travelers) arent traveling now is because of security screening and TSA checkpoint delays. I was in a checkpoint line at SFO last Monday morning at 730am...took 45 mins to clear. While I was in line I looked around..I did not see one person in a suit and tie with a breifcase..NOT ONE. Just people on vacation..kids, grandparents, people in hawaiian shirts. People who all probably bought discount tickets well in advance. We all know this..fares are down, business people arent traveling. If I was a business person I'd avoid as many trips as I could...and who could blame them.
The facts are the facts. The hijackers on 9/11 did not break any security checkpoint rules. The box cutters were "legel" at the time.

I think everyone would agree there was problems with security prior to 9/11...but we've created a monster (TSA) now thats sinking our industry and in turn our country. The best way we can say FU to the terriorists is to get our industry and country back on its feet as soon as possible.
I'm starting by writing Bush and my senators, representative and saying enough is enough..lay off a little bit.
Good luck to all!

Here's a partial mailing list:

George W. Bush
President
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20500

Norman Y. Mineta
Secretary of Transportation
Dept. of Transportation
400 7th St. SW
Washington, DC 20590