• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama Signs Orders to Help Unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick question – When American Airlines went on strike back in 1998, what President and party sold us down the river and called off our strike in 18 minutes?

Though I like the words, I’m not quite buying the party line yet. I’ll believe it when I see it.

AA767AV8TOR

When you say "Sold Us" are you implying that you are an AMR pilot?

Where is Occam, when we need him?

He is right here..... from a prrevious thread with the facts.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrdriver
Yeah, I'm sure that APA asked Clinton to issue a PEB to stop their strike.

They did. Clinton's counsel, Bruce Lindsay, contacted the APA President just prior to the strike deadline. He was told the APA would not object to a PEB.

Lindsay described the conversation to me personally during the end-game of our strike (which took place during Clinton's administration). Lindsay settled the strike by forcing the final issues down our managment's throat. It ended our B-Scale. I was there, in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrdriver
Whatever. And you still have not told me what any Democrat has done for pilots in the last 20 years or so.

You're serious?

Get a grip!

If you had any clue about the number of lame ideas your Republican buddies tried to force on us, you'd slink away in shame.

A couple of the "great ideas" thwarted by Dems:

1. CRAF flying by foreign airlines. Bush's Defense Appropriations request two years in a row treid to outsource the transportation of our troops to foreign airlines.

2. McCain-Lott amendment to the RLA. Would've requred "baseball-style" arbitration to settle airline Labor impasses.

If you're unwilling to pay attention...don't ask stupid questions.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=107428

This thread is great reading....

AA767AV8TOR... it sobvious that your version of the facts and reality are differ.... so what is the deal?

Latest resources

Back