• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama says kill the new bomber and delay the tanker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's clear that the most imminent threat to this country is from our own politicians.

From the W.H. down to the mid-career, ladder-climbing denizens of the Pentagon (who only venture into the operational world long enough to punch their ticket...) to the halls of Boeing/LM/GD or whatever monolith the defense contractors have morphed into this week, this country is being ruined by 'special interested' politicians.

If the FB-111 works cheaply, pull it out of the desert. If the BUFF still works as a bomb truck or nuke cruise missile carrier, open up the line. Fu@k the suits at Boeing!

Too many people in the military-industrial complex (where have we heard THAT before?) have sucked billions out of our pockets on wasteful bureaucratic cluster-f#@ks with nothing to show for it.

I'm at the point where I'm going to discourage my son from entering the military because I'd go nuts if some politician got him killed for some bull$h!t reason.

Good luck to all you guys in the military out there!

TC

Agreed. We are in deep sh!t, and the sad thing is that we're doing it to ourselves.

We... it just kills me that this is the best we have to offer ourselves

We... being that I just flew our '58 model beauty queen around town a few days ago. Oh, but not to worry, Block 45 has been approved with a new fridge and some fancy bells and whistles too.

but I understand your point.

All apologies. Post tax-paying apathy involved, disregard.

Where's he next Ronny Reagan when you need him!!!:uzi: Obama uh.

Screw Reagan! The last thing our country (or the world for that matter) needs is another one. Obama's got a big job to undo 8 years of idiocy from Bushy boy.:smash: Thanks for voting for him TWICE! Funny thing is that you repubs haven't learn your lesson.

Sure would, for people in Europe. The Marine 1 contract and the Tanker projects were both given to European manufactures by the Bush Administration and Bush's Pentagon.

It took Obama coming in and putting the skids on these projects to say enough is enough. No more of the Republicans sending all of our good high paying jobs over seas for the Brits and the Indians to get all the work while we sit here at home unemployed.

I'm just saying.....

Funny, I thought Lockheed Martin was given the contract for Marine 1 with much of it being built here, and the Airbus tanker being built here too.

The Air Force decided that tanker was best, even though you want to think Bush administration made them do it.

You might also realize we still export far more to those countries than we buy from them. I am sure cancelled any contracts like that would make you feel better, until they responded likewise and cancelled their contracts with us.

Everybody knows that being built in Alabama using european parts is not an accceptable item. Please notice how the french did not stand by us in 2003 and how they had secretly sold air defense weapons to Iraq. What happens when next time they withhold spare parts from our tanker fleet? What happens then?

Screw Reagan! The last thing our country (or the world for that matter) needs is another one. Obama's got a big job to undo 8 years of idiocy from Bushy boy.:smash: Thanks for voting for him TWICE! Funny thing is that you repubs haven't learn your lesson.

Have you been paying attention? Obama is going to put is farther into deficit spending then all the presidents before him, combined. We're (be we I mean he) is digging our grand-childrens graves. All while increasing the size of gov't by 25%. This is all before his first 4 months of office are over. Yeah... that's what we need.

troll. . . . .

Lots of US parts

Everybody knows that being built in Alabama using european parts is not an accceptable item. Please notice how the french did not stand by us in 2003 and how they had secretly sold air defense weapons to Iraq. What happens when next time they withhold spare parts from our tanker fleet? What happens then?
You would be surprised how much is US content. The airframe is only a minor item in the cost of the airplane. Engine, flight controls, etc. are US made for many airplanes biult overseas, much like much of a Boeing built airplane is manufactured overseas. For example the B-787 lots from Japan and Canada.

Airbus airliners currently assembled in France and Germany contain more than 50% U.S. content. Measured by either volume or value.

Latest resources

Back