• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama in Air Force One

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not a 757, its a C-32A, and its not a 737, its a C-40B. The C-40B is closer to a BBJ with the fuel tank and landing gear configuration, than a commercial 737.

Quote from Boeing's website.

Boeing built four 757-200 aircraft, designated C-32A, to replace the Air Force's aging fleet of VC-137 executive transports.

So for all intents and purposes, it's a 757. Of course the military has to rename everything. :)

The C-32 has winglets.

The Man almost always flies is basic qualed in several aircraft main aircraft is the VC-20 (747). When flying some aircraft he has a "seeing eye" IP to jerk the gear and flaps and say "I wouldn't do that!"

He would be in the jumpseat as an airborne commander in an aircraft he is not qualified in....C-17 etc.

Sorry your right it is a -25, my brain was ahead of my fingers on that one. When I was there getting into the unit was a sought after job. 200 applicants a year. It fell off dramatically with the committment of 3 yrs for the 757 training. I am not sure how it is now. The Presidents pilot is groomed from with in the select pilots that are flying him. Not a job that one could apply for from outside the 89th. Not a job I would ever want but a neat job just the same.

Latest resources

Back