Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJ Bum

^ Not bumming it any more
Ok this cracked me up the other day, I'm still laughing about it. So currently our company is flying a Bahamas Air contract and was flying from FPO to BWI. New service so they aren’t used to us yet.. My FO was flying and I was on the radios. I checked on to Potomac Approach control (which was very busy at the time)… “Bahamas Air 935, 9000, India.” Approach control replies “Obama Care 935????......say again call sign..” I could not stop laughing and took me a sec to reply.. Meanwhile approach “Obama Care… uhhhh, Obama Care, sounds unsafe too me….. say again” I finally compose myself, trying to be serious… “Sir that was Bahamas Air 935” approach…. “Obama…..uuhhh OHH Bahamas Air 935 turn right heading 360, descend to 4000” I had to laugh cause you could tell he was serious… then says “Bahamas Air 935 join the localizer cleared for the approach contact tower and I’m very sorry for the confusion….” I replied “no problem at all, Obama Care 935 cleared for the ILS 33L have a great day”… he replies with a chuckle “you too!”

Ok this cracked me up the other day, I'm still laughing about it. So currently our company is flying a Bahamas Air contract and was flying from FPO to BWI. New service so they aren’t used to us yet.. My FO was flying and I was on the radios. I checked on to Potomac Approach control (which was very busy at the time)… “Bahamas Air 935, 9000, India.” Approach control replies “Obama Care 935????......say again call sign..” I could not stop laughing and took me a sec to reply.. Meanwhile approach “Obama Care… uhhhh, Obama Care, sounds unsafe too me….. say again” I finally compose myself, trying to be serious… “Sir that was Bahamas Air 935” approach…. “Obama…..uuhhh OHH Bahamas Air 935 turn right heading 360, descend to 4000” I had to laugh cause you could tell he was serious… then says “Bahamas Air 935 join the localizer cleared for the approach contact tower and I’m very sorry for the confusion….” I replied “no problem at all, Obama Care 935 cleared for the ILS 33L have a great day”… he replies with a chuckle “you too!”

I heard the exchange and I heard you laughing. It was really funny.

My partner and I were laughing so hard tears were coming to my eyes.

I am.the jetblue voice on that tape....I heard it go.down real time and I agree with the controller that the initial.check in sounded exactly like obama care...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest resources

Back