Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
I have found the website and the airline looks promising but I can not find much information on the airline. So any help?
Thanks!

Current fleet is 4 B747-400's plus 1 more on order. Destinations are London and Vancouver. Salary for year 1 FO is 56,000 HKD per month plus another 25,000 HKD per month for housing. Per diem is paid in cash upon check in at the layover hotel. Chief pilot is Gordon Hannam (ex-CX) and DFO is Atholl Buchan (ex-CX). Both are EXCELLENT people to work with, as are most people in the company. In the past it was a requirment to be B747 type rated, however, I believe this has changed. Rosters are currently either 2 or 3 roundtrips per month.

Current company financial status.....can't help you there, sorry.

Hope this helps

Yes it does, thanks alot. Looks like about 7200/USD per month along with about 3100/USD for housing. I am new and very interested in the Ex-Pat lifestyle and trying to get more info on it.

I've met a couple of times with guys that work at Oasis in the "Aviators" in HKG and they seem to love working there. Fun folks to talk to, so I'm guessing it is a good working environment. I hear good things about that gig, sorry I don't have any specifics.

To be honest, I am not sure. It is a private company so they are not required to, and do not, release any financial information. I guess it depends on the stock marker situation. The plan is to IPO the company in 2009.

They just announced new destinations; Germany-Manchester and Sydney- Melbourne. Germany-Manchester will start in July 2008 and Sydney-Melbourne in August 2008.

Off topic; Blade230,,,,why, why?

A couple of mates who work at O8 are VERY concerned about their financial state. Flights are pretty empty according to them, with 30-40% LF.

I certainly hope that they continue to go from strength to strength...

Latest resources

Back