OAK 27L/R Departures - Jet Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

I have been flying to Oakland a lot and continue to be tempted to depart on 27R/L... According to OAK Tower Runway 27L/R departures for turbo-jet aircraft are 'discouraged' but not prohibited, etc.

Anyone out there operating Jets use the 27's for departure out of OAK? Its hilarious cause I will hear loud Turbo-props depart on the 27's all day and I know my Bravo can't be as loud as some of those annoying things to the neighborhood...

Just curious if you get any nasty-grams in the mail or if other operators are doing this on occasions... Maybe im lazy but it seems like that taxi to 29 gets longer every week...

You can request runway 27 R/L, and your request will be granted. After doing so, you will receive a note reminding you that the preferred departure runway for jets is runway 29. There's no fine or penalty for using 27 R/L vs. 29.

I know its a long taxi, but let's be mindful of the neighbors below, when possible. I don't like the attitude (and I'm not saying you specifically) of screw the people below, they shouldn't have moved there. I am just saying let's be considerate.

Its still tempting to depart on 27R after a GII lands or a C441 departs... would they really even notice my little Citation? Chances are their nap has already been interupted :)

I know its a long taxi, but let's be mindful of the neighbors below, when possible. I don't like the attitude (and I'm not saying you specifically) of screw the people below, they shouldn't have moved there. I am just saying let's be considerate.

I tend to agree.. On top of that, at Oakland, and other places that have a voluntary noise abatement procedure, they publish non-compliant aircraft on websites. Neighbors can see that N123AB departed off of Rwy 27R, due to "pilot request." You can see the number of times, the date, time, etc. that it was done.

I have been flying to Oakland a lot and continue to be tempted to depart on 27R/L... According to OAK Tower Runway 27L/R departures for turbo-jet aircraft are 'discouraged' but not prohibited, etc.

Anyone out there operating Jets use the 27's for departure out of OAK? Its hilarious cause I will hear loud Turbo-props depart on the 27's all day and I know my Bravo can't be as loud as some of those annoying things to the neighborhood...

Just curious if you get any nasty-grams in the mail or if other operators are doing this on occasions... Maybe im lazy but it seems like that taxi to 29 gets longer every week...

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...e3e783d2b6086256e3700762a57/$FILE/AC36-3H.pdf

Look at your DB level and determine if you are below the DB level for any noise abatement procedures.

...Im a little worried if I depart on 27R/L my passengers will start to be spoiled ... they currently expect the 10 minute taxi for departure out of Oakland...

yeah, its noise abatement for Alameda. Also has conflict for AC departing or missing on 29. I know its a long taxi over to 29 but controllers don't taxi you to a rwy far away to be jerks, there is an operational need for it so suck it up and just taxi to 29

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back