Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NYC-LAX Air Marshall Outed Inflight Via Wifi & Kim K.'s 3million+ TWITTER Followers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
NYC-LAX Air Marshall Outed Inflight Via Wifi & Kim K.'s 3million+ TWITTER Followers

This is INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To Top it off comment beneath "article":
----------------
Kim Kardashian Outs Air Marshal On Twitter During Flight

Posted: 02-17-10 04:09 PM

Kim Kardashian found out she was seated next to an air marshal on a flight back to LA from NYC Tuesday night. Naturally she tweeted about it to her 3 million plus followers.
"I'm on the airplane...love wifi! I am sitting next to an Air Marshall! Jim the air marshall makes me feel safe!" she tweeted.
Twitterers were less than thrilled about Kim's decision to reveal the identity of someone whose ability to keep passengers safe hinges on his anonymity, so she told them to keep quiet.
"RELAX I just told u guys the Air Marshall is sitting next to me, highly doubt anyone is twittering like me on this flight! shhh," she tweeted.
Kim wrote that her sleuthing skills, and not Jim's lack of integrity, were responsible for blowing his cover before ending the discussion by logging off.
"Air Marshall's are supposed to keep their identity concealed. He did! I am just a private eye & assumed, so I asked him & he was honest!" she wrote. "OK I hope I don't get in trouble...logging off now! xo"
-------------------------------
comments:
+ PDXPLT I'm a Fan of PDXPLT I'm a fan of this user 4 fans permalink
LOL, I gotta love some of the stuff infrequent-flyer come up with. In the frequent flyer community, the ability to spot FAM's (Federal Air Marshalls) is about the worst kept secret there is. This ain't rocket science.

Go to some frequent flyer forum (like
flyertalk.com) and do a search for "FAM", if you're interested.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:02 PM on 2/17/2010
-----------------------------
pelosirulz I'm a Fan of pelosirulz I'm a fan of this user 2 fans permalink Question.....Air marshals sit in first class? I'm sure Kim wouldn't be caught slumming in coach or business class with common folk.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 10:58 PM on 2/17/2010

- + Atomicjim I'm a Fan of Atomicjim I'm a fan of this user permalink
There are always two Air Marshals on a flight; one in first class and one in coach.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:22 PM on 2/17/2010

- +
new_icon.gif
alexjones1 I'm a Fan of alexjones1 I'm a fan of this user 8 fans permalink
Thats funny because they are only on 3% of flights.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 12:15 AM on 2/18/2010

----------------------------------

comments:
+ PDXPLTI'm a Fan of PDXPLTI'm a fan of this user 4 fans permalink
LOL, I gotta love some of the stuff infrequent-flyer come up with. In the frequent flyer community, the ability to spot FAM's (Federal Air Marshalls) is about the worst kept secret there is. This ain't rocket science.

Go to some frequent flyer forum (like flyertalk.com) and do a search for "FAM", if you're interested.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:02 PM on 2/17/2010
-----------------------------
pelosirulzI'm a Fan of pelosirulzI'm a fan of this user 2 fans permalink Question.....Air marshals sit in first class? I'm sure Kim wouldn't be caught slumming in coach or business class with common folk.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 10:58 PM on 2/17/2010

- + AtomicjimI'm a Fan of AtomicjimI'm a fan of this user permalink
There are always two Air Marshals on a flight; one in first class and one in coach.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:22 PM on 2/17/2010

- +
new_icon.gif
alexjones1I'm a Fan of alexjones1I'm a fan of this user 8 fans permalink
Thats funny because they are only on 3% of flights.

Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 12:15 AM on 2/18/2010

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/s...arch&siteurl=www.flyertalk.com/articles/#1448

10 pages in search where FFs discuss the ins & outs and everything associated w/ "FAM"s (and identifying them & preventing them from taking "their seat"). Just one FF site. Not to mention all the press this story got.
CHANGE in order, much??????

One of the most heinous examples yet:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...ams-sit-where-do-they-keep-their-weapons.html

...and then if you're bored, they touch on every aspect of security in addition to FAMs:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-safety-security-222/

Last edited:
He was probably just some guy trying to do her, pretending to be an air marshal.

There are probably some of their SOP's that need to be changed. Not worth discussing here, but most can pick them out.

He probably succeeded too with her infatuation with him. Maybe saying you are a top gun fighter pilot isn't the best line any more. Act like an FAM and admit you are when they ask. If we all did that the terrorists would think FAM's are on all the flights. Might be a good thing, just practice safe sex.

Even better in Barbados one night the bartender asked our 3 pilots what they did. The FE said we are NASA astronauts. She didnt believe him so he showed his ID since he had flown the last shuttle mission before starting at our airline. The service was awesome.

Latest resources

Back