NY Times article about LGA and Shea

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
Neat article. Probably the first time I've ever seen a Jepp plate from a mainstream media source.

727C47

Total Time
14k+
finally got to fly into LGA last fall ,with my old job,in the 727, completed the circle, i was one of those kids at Shea in the 70's checking out the air traffic,while my Mets were getting shelled.great article !

Tail Gunner Joe

Total Time
my favorite is the side photo of the pilot with jacket unbuttoned showing his union pins.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
But he had his hat on!

Crooked, sure, but it was on. :rolleyes:

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
They built the new stadium (Citi Field) literally right next door, so it may not be "Shea" anymore, but it's only been moved a couple hundred feet or so.

A name change and slight displacement on the chart seems to be all that's needed.

Patriot328

Total Time
~10000
They need to put the tanks back up... Those were a great landmark...

Patriot328

Total Time
~10000
The Maspeth red and white check towers?

yeah, they've been gone for several years.
Yep, those are the ones... I remember flying into there and missed the NOTAM saying they were gone... we were a little confused when we were looking for them.. :)

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Yep, those are the ones... I remember flying into there and missed the NOTAM saying they were gone... we were a little confused when we were looking for them.. :)
You should watch the History Channel more. They had a show about the demolition of the tanks. They looked a lot bigger from ground level, until they brought them down.