NWAirlink Express 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Scudrunner-

When did you interview? My brother is waiting for a class date and he interviewed Late Aug/early Sept. (pre 9/11). Thanks for the info and enjoy training.

fatburger

May 3rd class? I didn't know that they were already starting up initial classes again. There was an apartment complex called the Landings that my classmates and I went in on when we were in training. If you guys refer so many others than they knock off a considerable amount of rent or pay you or something like that. Good luck.

Rook

600' AGL Autopilot on. 'WHEW!'

"DO NOT F**K WITH US!"
T. Durden 'Fight Club'

Hey Scudrunner,
With your hours, are they still hiring directly to the left seat of the CRJ or did they tell you 6 monthsn the right and then you can upgrade? Just curious, FYI, upgrade is starting to go back to seniority as opposed to hours, so it might me a little while longer.
Thanks...

NWAirlink

I was interviewed back in Aug. and was scheduled for 9/21 class.
Left seat was mentioned but I asked for the right seat to get comfortable with the airplane first. They said it wouldn't take long to get upgraded but didn't give me time frame.
Thank you gentleman for any info on accommodations.

Finding a place

I would suggest you wait... Once in MEM there is usually a board in the louge with open locations to crash. As many of the MEM people are heading north and MOST classes will definatley head north there arte places to be had.

Secondly, from experience they also have tendencies of moving classes up and back at a whim...

You can search out a few places if you like, but with the amount of people still going through training you would probably save money waiting until you get there.

Take the energy and start reviewing the pack they are sending you. That is going to be more important right now...

Know you EP's and limitaions... the first week is a test on limitations, and the EP's haev to be 100% by the end of class (verbatim with all of the %#&^#%$ footnotes to boot!)

I would also find out which instructor you haev as of the two of them one is significantly better than the other and the wash out rate BEFORE 9/11 was running at a comfortable 20% with some classes in the 35-40% range.

6 weeks on your own dime to washout is not a fun thing, especially in this environment....

Finally.... upgrade within 6 months? not likely... within 1 year... it depends on how fast we get these RJ's and if the lines expand greatly, otherwise it is 50/50... AND that is with the TIME

Latest resources

Back