NWA... whats their status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SIG600

Wondering what's going on at NWA. Particularly how the bankruptcy is going to affect pensions for the retired guys. I'm asking because my dad just lost his medical and is 2 years from age 60, and thus looking at early retirement. Appealing the desicion to the NTSB (because every doctor in a long chain said "good to go" except the one making the the final desicion.)

Well now that Duane Worthless is getting hit personally in the balls by this, I am sure ALPA national will finally step in to stop the insanity.

But seriously, I will actually be very interested to see if his viewpoint and priorities change now that he is personally being affected by all of industry wide union busting.

ALPA DEC issue headline. A picture of Duane Worth crying on his knees, at the feet of NWA CEO "We have to stop the insanity! WHAAAA! NO GOD NO!"

What's their status ?!!!

They are in CH 11, just filed the 1113c, and they have been on an employee morale boosting campaign for quite a while.

If you're an employee, you're screwed.

If you're in Management, you'll be OK.

320AV8R

According to union updates they are looking at some type of early retirement incentive at NWA. There were no details provided, but I think with payrates being cut so much, some would decide to retire due their final average earnings dropping. As far as the ones who already retired its anyones guess right now as to whether or not they will keep them just look at USAirways and United.

Last edited:
festus said:
According to union updates they are looking at some type of early retirement incentive at NWA. There were no details provided, but I think with payrates being cut so much, some would decide to retire due their final average earnings dropping. As far as the ones who already retired its anyones guess right now as to whether or not they will keep them just look at USAirways and United.

festus-

An early out program is a "possibility".......if it doesn't cost the company anything. Nada....zilch.....nuttin'..........

If the company dumps the pensions........the "senior" guys will have to stay around to make up for the $hortfall.

There is NO good senario............................

320AV8R

Good luck guys

That early retirement thing was rolled around during paycut # 1 and I think the reason no one really did it is because you can't take lump sum at NWA. Am I wrong? Whats the point in keeping you FAE high if your just gonna get get cut off in 2-3 (ie bankruptcy pension liquidation) years and then recieve a fraction of what you earned in your 20+ YOS. The guys saw it as a better deal to stay and just start nestin like a mofo for the last few years. Especially since not all of the early outters had the Military medical benies, and those Cobra dues are outrageous.

Sounds like a roll of the dice with the outcome certainly negative. Thanks for the blood though, management really appreciates your hard work through the years. Happy retirement.

1IDBLKJEW said:
Well now that Duane Worthless is getting hit personally in the balls by this, I am sure ALPA national will finally step in to stop the insanity.

How can ole' Duane suffer from such a kick - he doesn't have any balls?
But it's nice to know he's finally getting pinched like everyone else; too little too late I am afraid.

Latest resources

Back