NWA Training SKD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

n6604f

Can anyone share how the schedule is laid out for the NW training program?

Are there any breaks to travel home?

Has anyone living outside of MSP and not based in MSP as a newhire not been given hotel?

Looking forward to starting with NW.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Scheds

Usually you get weekends off and can pass ride home if you want. Usually done in ground school by 4:00pm on Friday and start up again about 8:00am on Monday. Schedule varies when you start the sim. I'm sure some more current guys will chime in soon. Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info and the welcome!

Any home study or is all the training in MSP?

I believe that pass travel to and from your home while you're in training is positive space. (Though that might have changed in the last contract) Anyone know?

You'll get a hotel and per diem for training, but lose it if you get assigned MSP (you won't get right out of the gate). Most guys are going to the -9, but there are a few slots popping up on the panel up in ANC. Conventional wisdom says new hires will be seeing the 320 regularly pretty soon. It's more or less weekends off, and you are positive space anytime you travel home and back. You definitely have time to go home on the weekends during indoc, and probably can manage to get home during systems/sims if you're disciplined about staying ahead and studying while you're home.

n6604f,

When is your class date?

Another question for NWA pilots...How long before we can jumpseat (i.e. in NWA's cass system) instead of pass riding home? I presume we get our ID the first week of class. Just interested if I'll have the flexibility of using OAL getting to and from MSP if I choose to go home on a weekend.

It takes a couple of days to get your ID, then takes another day or two to get you into the CASS database. Most are in the system by the end of the second week.

It takes a couple of days to get your ID, then takes another day or two to get you into the CASS database. Most are in the system by the end of the second week.

Thanks for the info. I've researched the major details but little bits like this help. I've got some big decisions to make over the next few weeks but my gut tells me NWA is where I want to be! It's nice to have choices after years of no movement at the major level.

Is there a seat lock if you get the panel? Can you bid off of it right away?

No seat lock on your initial equip. If you bid out of it, then there is a 2 yr frz. The back seat is a good way to remain "under the radar" while on probation.

Latest resources

Back