Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, 116 people looked at this and couldn't answer one question. So, I renamed the thread to attract different people.

If you can answer one or more of these question I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

1. Hotel paid in training?
2. Per Diem paid in training (24/7 intro through IOE)?
3. From you guys who have been there a few months, what has reserve been like (long/short call)
4. What kind of pay periods does NWA use?
5. What kind of take home pay should I expect.(they made a point of telling me on the phone that starting pay was $30.09 ph)
6. If this is a financial hardship for others, how are they coping with it?

lots of question. Please only respond to this thread if you have an answer, thank you.

This is all I could answer for you.

So, 116 people looked at this and couldn't answer one question. So, I renamed the thread to attract different people.

If you can answer one or more of these question I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

1. Hotel paid in training? Yes
2. Per Diem paid in training (24/7 intro through IOE)? Yes
3. From you guys who have been there a few months, what has reserve been like (long/short call)
4. What kind of pay periods does NWA use? Paid twice a month, on 13th & 27th
5. What kind of take home pay should I expect.(they made a point of telling me on the phone that starting pay was $30.09 ph)
6. If this is a financial hardship for others, how are they coping with it?

lots of question. Please only respond to this thread if you have an answer, thank you.

1. Hotel paid in training? Yes, as long as you're not MSP based or actually live in MSP.
2. Per Diem paid in training (24/7 intro through IOE)? Yes (same as #1)
3. From you guys who have been there a few months, what has reserve been like (long/short call) Not bad if you live in base. Long call makes commuting to reserve easier if it's not a long commute.
4. What kind of pay periods does NWA use? Half of guarantee on 27th, other half plus extra and per diem on 13th.
5. What kind of take home pay should I expect.(they made a point of telling me on the phone that starting pay was $30.09 ph) 75 hour guarantee on reserve, so 75X30=2250.
6. If this is a financial hardship for others, how are they coping with it? Yes it's horrible. Try and have your bills paid and money in the bank or expect to live a very simple lifestyle for about 14 months. (Longevity clock starts when the first person in your Indoc class finishes OE.)

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back