NWA Training Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

exregionalpilot

Does anyone have information regarding training at NWA? Do they pay during training, do they pay for hotel, single room or roommate, insurance, travel benefits?
Thanks

I believe they pay for hotel and give per-diem provided you are not given an MSP base. Insurance and other benefits start right away.

I believe they pay for hotel and give per-diem provided you are not given an MSP base. Insurance and other benefits start right away.
That's true but the hotel/per diem part applies to current crews going through for a new A/C or position. New hires will be considered MSP based for initial training no matter where they are going after training. Bottom line: lodging has always been on your own dime for new hire initial unless there has been a radical change. Benny's do start right away, including medical/dental with NO pre-existing condition limitations. My wife was 8 months pregnant when I showed up as a new hire and they not only covered it but reimbursed me for all the pregnancy bills I had incurred BEFORE showing up as a newhire.

That's true but the hotel/per diem part applies to current crews going through for a new A/C or position. New hires will be considered MSP based for initial training no matter where they are going after training. Bottom line: lodging has always been on your own dime for new hire initial unless there has been a radical change. Benny's do start right away, including medical/dental with NO pre-existing condition limitations. My wife was 8 months pregnant when I showed up as a new hire and they not only covered it but reimbursed me for all the pregnancy bills I had incurred BEFORE showing up as a newhire.

Some new-hires were told that something is in the works so all can get hotel rooms. Then again, we'll have to see it to believe it!

I got a hotel confirmation emailed to me today beginning the day before initial training starts, so it seems to me they give you a hotel and then if you are awarded MSP then you lose it. Does that sound about right?

I also got the confirmation e-mail today. They told us MSP is not a new hire base right now, might change. So, if you lived a certain distance away from MSP, think it was 100 miles or so, you get a hotel and perdiem, plus 2 hours and 40 minute pay per day. All starting on day 1.

what are the new hire bases? been to the interview site gouges. go over all the aim stuff. looking forward to flying a 747 even if it is sim.

when do you get the nod if you get it? i had no internal recs, they answered my email point and click.first time that has ever happened.

Looks like DTW, MEM, and maybe a few ANC S/O slots. They told us we will get our assignments in class.

Not saying the Majors are not the way to go however I'm starting to wonder if the little jets maybe where the money is going foward. I'm talking of the new concept of fractional's. Look at NetJets. Thier base salary will mirror most Legacy carriers with a basing policy that will be unmatched. At nearly all the other frac companies The pay, per diem, benefits, boarding, airline travel, and uniforms are all paid starting day one. MGT's mentality is we need to take care of the pilot's as they are front and center employees of our million dollar customers.
This may all be my one of justifying my adjusted career goals, or it maybe something to consider if you haven't already.

Latest resources

Back