NWA Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eaglefly said:
If the F/A's are forced into involuntary servitude and prevented from striking, they should quit en-masse. No paperwork, no good bye's.

If enough of them quit, NWA will HAVE NO CHOINCE but to accept the fact they will have to treat at least some of their employees as people.

If the F/A's are stripped of their ability to not accept whatever is handed to them, then NWA is doomed anyway. The service level will plummet to such abysmal levels, too many customers will run. Investors will follow.

Of course knowing those management scumbags, while trying to get a judge to force them to work for peanuts, they'll probably want him to approve language that demands they be cheerful, happy and grateful as well.

Ethically bankrupt and despised management, professionally impotent pilots, scab mechanics and now hostle and enraged Flight attendants...............

Oh yeah, this airline is going places.

An investor would have to be a complete idiot to throw money into this red, black and silver toilet.

Jeesh.
There are thousands of people who will accept NWA payrates. Also they have secured the necessary investors reguardless of what happens. The problem is no one in their right mind would accept the FA payrates or pilot rates that mesaba or compass is proposing.

bri5150 said:
What a stupid quote!! YOU AREN'T "MADE TO WORK". You can QUIT!!

Or you can strike.

Workers ought to be allowed to strike when their mutually agreed to contracts are tossed aside and terms of empoyment are imposed on them. Don't you agree?

This is after all a free country, where contracts are honored and workers aren't forced to work under imposed terms when their mutually agreed to colective bargaining contracts are tossed aside by their employers. Why shoulden't they be allowed to strike? The RLA, no, the company set aside the provisions of the RLA barring self help when they filed the 1113 motion to bypass those provisions.

Last edited:
If the FA's walk what will be the operating capacity of NWA?? Would northwest have contingency plans to bring scab's in to fill their places??

Also, would ALPA support the strike or just keep flying.

I really wonder if the airline could survive massive disruption to their services and manage to trade out of it. Irrespective I hope that a decision is made to support the FA's doing something that should have been done by the pilots (not meaning to be critical there).

aussiefly said:
If the FA's walk what will be the operating capacity of NWA?? Would northwest have contingency plans to bring scab's in to fill their places??

Also, would ALPA support the strike or just keep flying.

I really wonder if the airline could survive massive disruption to their services and manage to trade out of it. Irrespective I hope that a decision is made to support the FA's doing something that should have been done by the pilots (not meaning to be critical there).

It could end NWA! Unless they are training Scrab FA's now, they (NWA) could be in a world of hurt. It was easier to replace the mechs (Just looked for people with A&P's), these FA's could do a butt load of damage! There just aren't FA's sitting around!

Last edited:
sniper said:
I think the pilots should honor it.

They f--d up with the mechanics last year

Now is the time for ALPA to shine.

Bring the mechs back and settle with FA's.

Or enjoy flying for SCAB AIR.

Are you kidding me? The NWA pilots would cut their own mothers throat to get ahead. They have as much "Honor" as a Wh*re. They will leave the F/A's hanging.

Just a prediction ... negoiations will reeopen on day 11 or 12 of the 15 day cooling off period with compromises in place for a new FA TA and future ratification vote just before the stike deadline.

Its funny how the company can call it a negotiation though. They are just basically saying we want our 195million in savings and thats it no negotiation.

They are really just squeezing all their employees one by one until they have nothing left to take. What happens if the FA's give in and sign the agreement when in 12months NWA decides its time for the piltos turn again or the mechanics etc.

After reading how the company stripped/sold most of the decent assets in the company and ripped out the cash it makes me sick to see them sticking it to the crews and claiming that they cant afford the current salaray scheme.

Obviously they consider their employees and labor as nothing but expendable.

Someone has to draw the line somewhere.

Good luck NWA FA's

Cordell said:
Just a prediction ... negoiations will reeopen on day 11 or 12 of the 15 day cooling off period with compromises in place for a new FA TA and future ratification vote just before the stike deadline.
They can't back off of the $195 million ask because the other union contracts are contingent upon it. They will have to either offer them stock, or revalue what the $195 million means in terms of work rules.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back