NWA Stopping Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ExAF

Last week NWA mailed 30 PNRs for April training and yesterday informed ALPA they will stop recalling pilots. They did say it was "temporary." What a roller coaster!

So there will or will not be 30 in the April training cycle?

I stand corrected, though its funny that I was in a meeting this morning where they said they expect 200 recalls first half 2005, while Sr. VP says recalls stop...

And all pilots recalled for April Training/May Flying will continue in the recall process.

From the NWAALPA web site no more recalls after april do to fuel cost and the DL pricing effect.Not going to put 4 DC9's back on line plus remove two more..

But the bright side is they are once again allowing flex while pilots are furloughed to do military charters.........

filejw said:
and the DL pricing effect.

Gotta love that excuse coming from the airline that refused to raise prices for the last three years. Now suddenly the lack of reveune is somebody else's fault?

Free Press

Detroit Free Press said NWA's plan is to recall 60 less pilots this year than planned. Needs additional concessions from other unions besides pilots. Parking 6 DC-9's, I only know what I read in the paper.

Last edited:
This just off the Airline Transport Assoc. Code-a-phone:

"We'd like to extend our thanks to Delta Airlines for providing the Management Excuse Du Jour. :rolleyes:

Next month the excuse will be tension between Iran and Syria and the Bush Administration with a secondary excuse of continuing high oil prices.

Thanks for calling."

TC :p

AA717driver said:
This just off the Airline Transport Assoc. Code-a-phone:

"We'd like to extend our thanks to Delta Airlines for providing the Management Excuse Du Jour. :rolleyes:

Next month the excuse will be tension between Iran and Syria and the Bush Administration with a secondary excuse of continuing high oil prices.

Thanks for calling."

TC :p

Classic! That is a funny one if it weren't so true.

My wife, a NWA flight attendant, was one of 1000 furloughed two years ago "due to the Iraq war" which started just 2 days prior. Do you think they were just looking for an excuse?

Latest resources

Back