• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NWANFO

Major Airline FO
MEC Reps Recall MEC Chairman

The MEC’s 12 voting representatives voted (6-5-1) today to recall MEC Chairman Capt. Mark McClain. The recorded vote was 2,508 for the recall, 1,413 against, and 813 abstained.

MEC Vice Chairman Bill Bartels will be acting MEC Chairman until the MEC Chairman election Friday morning.

The damage is gone, but at least LEC Reps did the right thing and got rid of him.

The MEC is a bunch of cowards. At the special meeting they held last month to recall him, they were met by 100+ line pilots that told them to "grow up" and back off of the recall.

They did.

Then they hide-out during this meeting away from the pilots, and ambush McClain.

Pure cowardice!

Any word on the likely successor? Does Captain Miller have the votes this time with McClain out of the picture?

Occam,

Funny, I don't recall the numerous MEC meetings where LOAs were approved, such as the one's allowing management to "flex up" while pilots were on furlough (multiple times, I might add), being characterized as "hidden away".

The 100+ number of pilots probably felt that way because, oh, I don't know, we were in the middle of the most contentious vote in NWA pilot history, and they didn't want to make a bad situation worse.

But now that they see that the fears propogated by the "the pension isn't linked, ooops now it is, vote this down and it's armegeddon" widebody crowd were completely unfounded, they probably feel a bit different.

This MEC meeting was held in the same fashion as every other one, and now this is hiding away?

Boy, the hatchet job on the FO rep in MSP was defeated and now this...gosh, what's next? Maybe MSP isn't the center of the universe after all? Could this be? Nah...

Whatever...why don't you try to spin something else more believable...like high time doesn't affect staffing:rolleyes: ...

Nu

Last edited:
Interesting.

However, not only has the horse already left the barn, he's bounded over the fance and galloped out of the corral never to be seen again.

The bottom third of the pilot group are future Compass regional pilots (those who stay). The rest are pole vaulting back 15 years and will eventually see their pension sacked.

Just like U, in 3-4 years the bottom pilot will be a reserve 320 F/O with about 15 years seniority making about 75K (in 2010 dollars) and a handout for a pension.

Oh well, It WAS a great dream while it lasted, eh ?

The only NWA pilot who will make out good, is Commisar Duane at 600K, pension, options, great health care, company (luxury) sedan etc., etc.

He smiles a lot, because he's a multimillionaire AND he dodged the bullit at his former campfire.

At least one guy there found "the dream"..................of course it meant shafting the remainder.

Hopefully the actions of the furloughed pilots will tell the current NWA pilots that we don't give a $hit about coming back... unfortunately this will be clouded by the hoard that will chomp at the bit to take up the slack to come and "work" at a legacy for 27 bucks an hour... a pay cut even for the burger flippers...

Tail

ALPA... how you've let us all down...

NWANFO said:
MEC Reps Recall MEC Chairman

The MEC’s 12 voting representatives voted (6-5-1) today to recall MEC Chairman Capt. Mark McClain. The recorded vote was 2,508 for the recall, 1,413 against, and 813 abstained.

Why now?

Because heads must roll every time a contract is ratified. This is a particularly ugly contract, so ...

Also, I suspect the recent chumminess of McClain and Steenland, as they press for the Pension Reform legislation rider, has inflamed sensibilities.

Really, why not now? It was doomed to happen.

NuGuy said:
Occam,

Funny, I don't recall the numerous MEC meetings where LOAs were approved, such as the one's allowing management to "flex up" while pilots were on furlough (multiple times, I might add), being characterized as "hidden away".

The 100+ number of pilots probably felt that way because, oh, I don't know, we were in the middle of the most contentious vote in NWA pilot history, and they didn't want to make a bad situation worse.

But now that they see that the fears propogated by the "the pension isn't linked, ooops now it is, vote this down and it's armegeddon" widebody crowd were completely unfounded, they probably feel a bit different.

This MEC meeting was held in the same fashion as every other one, and now this is hiding away?

Boy, the hatchet job on the FO rep in MSP was defeated and now this...gosh, what's next? Maybe MSP isn't the center of the universe after all? Could this be? Nah...

Whatever...why don't you try to spin something else more believable...like high time doesn't affect staffing:rolleyes: ...

Nu

Nu;

The next stunt will be to try to implement the contract early by a
"side letter" that will be the last pro company move they can make
thus cementing a position with nwa mgt.

or not!

Dave B

Latest resources

Back