NWA Rec. from internal - family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

What is NWA's stance on accepting letters of recommendation from internal pilots that are immediate family members? Are they offering any hiring incentive much like UAL used to?

Thanks in advance.

What is NWA's stance on accepting letters of recommendation from internal pilots that are immediate family members? Are they offering any hiring incentive much like UAL used to?

Thanks in advance.

Word I got is that on the on-line application there is a comment/other information block.

In that space you should state if you were referred by an employee, and state their name and email address. There is nothing more formal than that at the moment, although there likely will be in time. They do not wanted to be inundated with phone calls as they are extremely short staffed in HR

Thanks in advance.

Years ago it was the kiss of death.....

VERY much NOT like United.

Maybe qualifications meant something? I walked two in during the 90's and they got interviewed/hired. If you ranked in the first stack, internal reference helped then. Who knows during this cycle. Think years ago there was a nepotism rule. Were quite a few Airlines with it, thus a kiss of death for many for applying to the same
carrier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism

Last edited:
Maybe qualifications meant something? I walked two in during the 90's and they got interviewed/hired. If you ranked in the first stack, internal reference helped then. Who knows during this cycle. Think years ago there was a nepotism rule. Were quite a few Airlines with it, thus a kiss of death for many for applying to the same
carrier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism

Did you really post a link to the definition of nepotism on a pilot board?

That's offensive to me...

If people on here don't know the definition of that word this profession is in bigger trouble than I thought.

Did you really post a link to the definition of nepotism on a pilot board?

That's offensive to me...

If people on here don't know the definition of that word this profession is in bigger trouble than I thought.

BEERSPIT!

Dood! There are people on this board who don't know the definition of "thrust"!

This profession (lack of) has been in trouble for a long time. The topic has come up on many occasions from people who didn't know it. Have had a couple very junior XCM's from regionals recently who had no clue what it meant. At least they didn't say they would fly the 757 for $57 an hour.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back