Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptETWes

NWA'ers...

Found out the hard way last night that NWA's policy is no more than 2 off-line jumpseaters, cabin or cockpit. I commute out of MEM (never had this issue come up in the last 3 months during peak travel season, ironically) so I'll be getting to the airport earlier from now on. It was painful to see my direct flight leave with ample seats available in the cabin.

Anyway, my question is this, with captain consent can more than 2 be allowed onto the flight? Just want to know if I need to talk to the boss if I'm in this situation again in the future. Thanks in advance...

Not true. I've flown out of SEA in the last 3 months where we had 10 -- yes 10 OAL XCMs. Gate agents boyfriend was one of them -- not sure if that had something to do with it.

Your latter comment is probably true as I asked 3 separate gate agents in MEM, all of whom verified what the first one told me. In fact, the agent that told me this first called her supervisor without hesitation to verify what she told me was correct (me thinks she thought I didn't hear her make that call).

If I am wrong, I could use an FOM source or something to put in my back pocket for future use.

Three offline can go as long as at least one is in the CASS system. At least that's what I've been told by a couple of the captains. I also bought a couple ZED fares as backups. I have yet to have to use them.

Depends on the CA and if you can get by the gate agent... in mem.. the gate agents are so fat good luck getting by them.

MEM gate agents: the reason I ride on DAL through ATL every chance I get.

As per our FOM.. Up to two(2) JSers in the cabin if there are seats available... That's in black and white, and contrary to whatever you heard, Gate Agnt nor CA can override. This policy is very lax though, and I've seen CAs sign as many JS forms as are put in front of them. We are working on changing our policy to as many JSers as there are seats open.
Better luck next time...

Latest resources

Back