• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA MSP overflight info...hmmm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I call BS on the "letter" - the FO gets a frequency change, doesn't get a response, and never tries again? Never hears other aircraft check in with "Windsor Center"? They spend 7 minutes on their laptops, the CA eats his meal, and on top of that go another full hour without once talking to anyone on the radio or realizing where they are, nor do they notice a series of ACARS message lights?

Well gee, that's sounds completely plausible.

Tears in the fed's eyes? Let me vomit. Had it been a regional pilot he would have done it with a smile and cerimonial kick in the nuuuutz.

To anyone that has been on a Canada freq. We all know they talk different on those freqs if you know what I mean.

I would also say it is a safety hazard, but I think the overreaction is once again fueled by the media. I still think there is more to the story. How could they go that long and not once look at the MFD or the instruments? I'm sure we have all flown around with some sort of distraction in the cockpit and yet we still know where we are at all times. There needs to be some sort of discipline, but maybe not quite that harsh.

If they filed an ASAP, how did they get hung?

Was it considered a unprotected willful violation of FAR?

Vee pay zem to zit zere and be kwiet!:laugh:

If they filed an ASAP, how did they get hung?

Was it considered a unprotected willful violation of FAR?

Their pilot licenses were revoked before their ASAP even went before the ERC. Now THAT is a big problem with some serious implications.

There are some significant embellishments in that letter... you cant even start your computer and get all the programs up and running in 7 minutes if you're running windows.

I still think they were doodling on their laptops,but this letter seriously minimized a lot of things.

Also, put his laptop on his knee? BS. Most bus guys I see cruise around with the table out anyways. I can't imagine them not having the tables out.

Take avay zere precious hats.

Latest resources

Back